Are you looking for an opportunity to combine your technical skills with big picture thinking to make an impact? You understand your customer’s environment and how to develop the right systems for their mission. Your ability to translate real-world needs into technical specifications makes you an integral part of delivering a customer focused engineering solution.
As a systems engineer on our team, you’ll analyze, implement, and manage systems and systems security engineering processes for developing, operating, and maintaining capabilities and technical operational priorities using programming languages, frameworks, and processes. This is your chance to develop your skills in analyzing engineering plans, configuration management, technical requirements analysis documents, and others while gaining mentoring and experience with data collection and knowledge management. Join our team and help turn requirements into accomplishments that drive change.
Empower change with us.
Build Your Career:
When you join Booz Allen, you’ll have the opportunity to connect with other professionals doing similar work across multiple markets. You’ll share best practices and work through challenges as you gain experience and mentoring to develop your career. In addition, you will have access to a wealth of training resources through our Digital University, an online learning portal where you can access more than 5000 tech courses, certifications and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications? Take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site courses, vendor relationships, and a network of experts who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
Nice If You Have:
- 14 years of experience as a systems engineer
- Experience with the design, development, and implementation of technology projects using a software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Experience with developing and managing system requirements, including developing and delivering Concept of Operations (ConOps), System Requirements Specification (SRS) documents and Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) documents
- Experience with developing and managing system test plans and procedures
- Knowledge of stakeholder requirements definition, requirements analysis, architectural design, implementation, integration, verification, transition, validation, operation, maintenance, and disposal documents
- Knowledge of project planning, project assessment and control, decision management, risk management, configuration management, information management, and measurement
- TS/SCI clearance with a polygraph
- BS degree in Systems Engineering, CS, Information Systems, Engineering Science, or Engineering Management or 19 years of experience with systems engineering in lieu of a degree
- Ability to elicit requirements from system stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate effectively with application developers to convey requirements and ensure software design meets stated requirements
- Ability to work with project management on defining project scope and schedule milestones
Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance with polygraph is required.
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.