Hospice Business Office Specialist-19006762
Why Join the Amedisys Family?
We are a growing company that values and rewards our team members, recognizes your special skills and experience and offers opportunities for growth. Join more than 14,000 team members who help change lives every day and share a mission of delivering high quality home health, hospice and private duty care at home.
Culture of teamwork:
Contribute to the patient care team by collaborating and supporting the clinicians with administrative and clerical support
Continuing education, training, tuition assistance and more
High-level clinical services with outstanding outcomes
Goal planning and opportunities to develop skills for higher level positions
Progressive, stable company with 30 years of experience in delivering care at home
If you’re looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
Primary Location United States-South Carolina-Beaufort
What You Will Do:
As a Business Office Specialist for Amedisys, you will help our clinicians focus on patient care while you provide administrative, clerical and customer service support for the operational functions for the care center.
- Perform data entry and input of medical information and maintains patient medical records and data to support the billing, scheduling, payroll and compliance functions of the care center.
- File medical records, physicians’ orders, lab reports, progress notes, clinical notes, etc. on active and discharged patients and maintains security of all patient records and electronic medical records.
- Maintain office supplies and medical inventory supplies and distribution.
- Maintain the ongoing scheduling of patient visits for all assigned field staff, as well as communication updates, changes and new admissions to ensure continuity and coordination of patient care services.
- Greet visitors and answer the multi-line telephone and gives information to callers or routes calls to appropriate staff.
- Process, handle and distribute incoming and outgoing mail and all other correspondence (including electronic mail.)
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of two years general office experience, with one (1) of those years having been in data entry or word processing functions.
- Some medical terminology or health care industry experience
Amedisys is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, pregnancy, marital status, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military status, sexual orientation, genetic predisposition or carrier status or any other legally protected characteristic.
Benefits and More
Amedisys cares for our team members with the same commitment we have to our patients. This is reflected in the benefits we provide and the opportunities we make available to our team. Benefits for eligible employees include:
- Paid Time Off/Holidays
- Health benefits (medical, dental, vision); health spending account
- 401 (K) plan; employee stock purchase plan available
- Continuing education
- Fleet car for eligible employees