South Austin Marine is seeking a Service Advisor/Warranty Administrator for our growing Service Department. We are a well-established Boat Dealership that sells boats, parts, and service and have been in business for over 40 years.
We offer comprehensive health insurance and 401k plan
Responsibilities (including but are not limited to):
- Meet and greet service customers promptly in a professional and courteous manner.
- Inspect boat and perform walk-around during initial write-up, refer to service history to accurately identify and verify customer’s service needs.
- Prepares a repair order showing time, cost, and labor estimates for services.
- Secure customer approval including accurate cost and time of completion estimates for the services recommended, communicate, and get proper authorization to complete necessary work from customer.
- Check on progress of services to boats throughout the day and contact customer to communicate and receive approval regarding any changes in the cost-estimate, promised time of delivery, or recommended services.
- Inspect boats prior to each customer delivery to ensure boats services and/or repairs are performed correctly and communicate the results with the customers.
- Handle telephone inquiries quickly and courteously.
- Maintain a close working relationship with technicians, cashier, sales consultants, and parts personnel.
- Sell service and maintenance to customers in person, by telephone and other methods.
- File all warranty claims promptly and in accordance with the manufacturers policy.
- Work closely with all manufacturers to ensure all warranty claims are paid in a timely manner.
Applicant MUST have:
- A valid driver's license with a good driving record
- High School diploma
- Good organizational skills, be a multi tasker and work well under pressure
- Ability to provide knowledgeable courteous, and professional customer service
- Service writing experience
- Service technical background
- Good computer skills
- Area is kept neat, clean, and organized all the time
- Ability to maintain a professional appearance according to company dress code
- Be prompt and dependable. Must work all required days and hours
- Work department hours: 8:00am-6:00pm, Monday-Friday and 8:00am-4:00pm every other Saturday
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $35,000.00 to $50,000.00 /year
- High school or equivalent (Required)