The coolest jobs on this planet… or any other… are with Lockheed Martin Space.
At the dawn of a new space age, Space is a pioneer, partner, innovator and builder. Our amazing men and women are on a mission to make a difference in the world. Every single day we use our unique skills and experiences to craft, design and build solutions to some of the worlds’ hardest engineering problems. Our culture encourages employees to dream big, perform with excellence and build incredible products. We provide the resources, support, and the focus. You bring the passion and courage to envision limitless possibilities and we’ll build a better tomorrow with you.
Are you passionate about making a difference? Are you looking for a growth opportunity where you can apply your expertise to a very important mission? We are a stellar company that will be putting astronauts on Mars, creating 3D printed satellites, launching payloads that learn in orbit, and developing national defense systems. Come, join our Logistics team in the dynamic world of Lockheed Martin Space. Here, we are driven by innovation and integrity. By applying the highest standards of business ethics and a forward-thinking mindset, we believe everything is within our reach – and yours - as a Lockheed Martin employee.
Our facility in Littleton, CO has an immediate opportunity for an entry level Material Support Team Member to join our mission. Using your experience in Inventory Control/Warehousing/Receiving, as a Materials Support Team Member you will be responsible for the control of the Waterton Campus Central Receiving dock supporting multiple programs across the campus. This is a service-oriented, fast-paced role that provides direct support to multiple Space programs and manufacturing floors. You will be responsible for ensuring the smooth process flow of material movement through the receiving area, monitoring customer demands, and will perform occasional inventory planning on program production orders. You will use your excellent verbal and written communication skills to help resolve issues and discrepancies as they arise. Strong analytical abilities will be critical to help reach all organizational objectives in the area of supply chain and inventory management.
Summary of key duties for this position:
- Keep supply chain metrics up-to-date and maintain accuracy of inventory management databases.
- Provide daily direction to represented asset specialist team overseeing the receiving of parts and flight hardware and staging for delivery to quality inspection, production floors and working with flow centers and manufacturing areas in support of their material requirements.
- Oversee receiving and other warehouse processes and personnel to make sure work meets standards and is performed according to established procedures.
- Provide training in all appropriate procedures and processes required to complete work assignments
- Provide daily work assignments and work with managers to coordinate personnel and resources to complete all work scheduled for department
- Assist with the development, revision, and enforcement of inventory management and procedures including record keeping, work instructions, SOP's, and other standard operational and work practices
- Oversee receipt of purchased goods verifying counts and quality, complete transactions to receive product, process paperwork and complete necessary transactions
- Perform internal audits of cycle count inventories and assist with developing actions to correct inventory problems
- Research misdirected shipment receipts that arrive at central receiving and materials that are in-transit to inter-plant locations
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas
Our employees working in this level of position typically have 0-3 years of professional experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, or Business Administration from an accredited college and/or equivalent experience/combined education (in lieu of a degree, candidates who have 8 years of directly relevant experience will also be considered)
- Familiarity with inventory management software
- Receiving/Warehousing/Inventory experience
- Familiarity with international shipments
- Basic knowledge of shelf-life, hazardous material, and temperature-controlled material
- Experienced in Microsoft Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, One Note, etc)
- Must be a United States citizen and be willing/able to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Willingness to support occasional overtime, weekends, holidays, or flex or off shifts as required
- Bachelor’s degree with 1-3 years of work experience in Receiving, Product Planning, Warehousing and/or Supply Chain/Logistics Management
- Current/Active DoD Secret Security Clearance
- Good Understanding of Supply Chain Cycle Time Metrics
- Understanding of SAP, ASRS, and other inventory management systems
- Knowledge of shelf-life, hazardous material, and temperature-controlled material
- Superior knowledge of Receiving/Warehousing/Inventory management
- Advanced knowledge of Shelf-life, hazardous material, and temperature-controlled material
- Experience working with union contracts
- Ability to provide daily direction to represented staff
- Ability to work independently, with occasional supervision
- Ability monitor inbound receipts for hazardous materials and temperature sensitive items, immediately provide direction to staff to locate items in correct temporary storage location
- Experience with mobile, hand-held terminals
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to foster and maintain strong relationships with co-workers, customers, and management
- Willingness to accept added responsibilities
- Experienced in the usage computer applications and the use of mobile handheld terminals
- Highly Skilled in MS Office Suite applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Intermediate/Strong skills in Microsoft Excel
To promote the sharing of ideas, Lockheed Martin champions an inclusive work environment that encourages differences and big-picture thinking. Our employees play an active role in strengthening the quality of life where we live and work by volunteering more than 850,000 hours annually. Benefits you can enjoy include:
- Paid time off
- 25 three-day weekends
- Work/life balance
- Career development
- Mentorship opportunities
- Rewards & recognition
Learn more about Lockheed Martin’s competitive and comprehensive benefits package.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.