Cash Wise West Fargo is hiring for an enthusiastic Guest Service Manager who is passionate about providing supervision and direction to the front-end team while maintaining high standards of guest service throughout the front-end operations. A typical shift will include bookkeeping tasks and assisting the Sr. Guest Services Manager with Guest Services, self-check-outs, regular checkouts, bagging area, parcel pickup, cart room, click and collect, and parking lot areas.
A day in the life of the Guest Service Manager may include any combination of the below duties (and more!):
- Assist the Senior Guest Service Manager in supervising the front-end team to accomplish human resource objectives by selecting, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching, counseling and disciplining employees, communicating job expectations and appraising job contributions.
- Ensure that the duties, responsibilities, and authority of each direct report are clearly defined and communicated.
- Maintain a “Say Yes to the Guest” attitude and develops employees to do the same.
- Responsible for ordering supplies, maintaining point of sale system/machines, balancing tills, safety and cleaning of front end area.
- Ensure the front end meets goals including, but not limited to goals related to labor, RFG, MORE Rewards, CTO, key staff coverage, etc.
- Responsible for daily/weekly bookkeeping activities.
- Provides backup services to employees in all areas of responsibility including Guest Services, Cashiering, bagging, and pushing carts.
- Provides backup to the Senior Guest Service Manager in his/her absence.
The ideal candidate for the Guest Services Manager position:
- is a people person with excellent leadership and relationship building skills;
- is a self-motivated and enthusiastic guest service “rock star” with excellent communication skills;
- is able to provide and facilitate training to and development conversations with employees;
- has the ability to efficiently and accurately operate multiple POS systems and accurately handle all forms of payment transactions; and
- has a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite and email systems.
Must have a one year certificate from a college or technical school or three to six months related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Prefer previous experience with point of sale systems, including troubleshooting; a history of working with scheduling software and experience working with various guest service machines such as Western Union, Money Orders, fax machine, etc.
Must be able to work one evening per week, rotating holidays, and every other weekend. All other shifts will be based off guest/location needs.
At Coborn’s, Inc. we go all out to “Be Remarkable.” Our culture celebrates employee ideas and encourages creative innovations. We’re growing, learning, and overflowing with energy. In a dynamic atmosphere that welcomes diversity, we are investing in our employees, along with the growth of our company. Join our grocery teams and connect with guests in a fast-paced retail position with advancement opportunities where you are encouraged to shine as you use your guest service skills. If you're friendly and dependable and you like to work with terrific guests, we'd love to talk about an opportunity on our team.
Coborn's, Inc. is a fast-growing employee-owned grocery retailer located in the Midwest. Our grocery store formats include Coborn's, Cash Wise, Marketplace Foods, Hornbacher's, and we offer unique online grocery home delivery services through our CobornsDelivers and Cash Wise Delivers locations. Coborn's, Inc. also owns and operates liquor stores under the Coborn's Liquor, Cash Wise Liquor and Captain Jack's brands. Additionally, our fuel and convenience division, in-house grocery warehouse and distribution center, in-house Central Bakery, and Tops Cleaners are significant assets to our operations. We also have a handful of other retail entities in the markets where the fit is right: Little Dukes, Holiday Stationstores, Ace Hardware, Caribou Coffee, Dunn Bros Coffee, Subway and Erbert and Gerbert's.
Our remarkable employees strive to inspire happiness, healthy living and simplicity one guest at a time. With a vibrant and fun work environment, ongoing opportunities for career growth, and generous benefit packages, Coborn's offers a bright future for all employee owners.
Here’s a list of some of the many benefits that we offer:
- Vacation Pay
- Holiday and Sunday Premium Pay
- Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP)
- 401(k) plans
- Voluntary Benefits
- Additional benefits available to full time team members
Because we value our people and know our employees enjoy shopping our stores, we offer an employee discount on a variety of private brand items when employees use their MORE Rewards account at the checkout of your local Coborn’s-owned grocery store.
Because we know everyone needs a coffee break to recharge from time to time, employees who work in a store with a coffee shop receive a discount on their purchase!
In addition to this list, we also offer flexible scheduling. We understand that many of our employees are trying to juggle school, practice, family time, errands and personal hobbies, all with only about 16 hours of “awake time” in a day.
We celebrate a culture of recognition, encouraging employees to recognize and thank one another for remarkable behavior. We even have an app for that!
We’re always looking for motivated, high-potential employees who want to be part of our next generation of leaders! There are opportunities to grow within our company to positions you may not yet even know exist. Coborn’s, Inc. offers a variety of development programs for employees who want to grow their careers with us.
Finally, we believe that building a team of people with different backgrounds, beliefs, experiences and perspectives inspires fresh thinking and opens us up to new possibilities. We are an EEO/AA Employer - All qualified individuals, including minorities, females, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (Preferred)
- Management: 2 years (Preferred)
- Retail: 3 years (Preferred)
- Convenience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends required
- Holidays required
- Day shift
- Night shift
- 8 hour shift