North Bay Companies is adding a position to our property accounting team. This position will be responsible for accounting functions within our properties division with a strong focus on standard entries and accounting leadership.
North Bay is a fast pace and growing business with expertise in real estate, property management, development and construction services. Our culture supports collaboration and offers a chance to work in a fun and growing atmosphere with personal and professional growth opportunities.
This position will consist of the following functions:
- Compiles, processes and maintains account payables
- Work efficiently and accurately within accepted accounting procedures
- Regular communication directly with property managers
- Work with management team to handle resident issues related to their general ledger
- Reconcile general ledger, credit card and bank accounts, investigate difference
- Record keeping and financial accountability
- Maintain fixed asset schedule
- Oversee company credit card process
- Assist in property software maintenance, communication and accuracy
- Work with controller to prepare documents for annual audit
- Supervisor position over the AR specialist
- Accounting projects
- Uphold company values & culture; including positive & ethical work environment
- Exhibit superior customer service skills based on the company philosophy
The correct candidate will:
- Accounting degree with minimum of 4 years of property accounting & bachelor degree in accounting
- Demonstrate the ability to work collaboratively
- Have proven customer service experience
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be a self-starter and have strong initiative
- Yardi software experience expected
- Computer proficiency and expertise in basic office systems.
This is a full-time (benefit eligible) position with opportunities for growth. Benefits include insurance coverage (health, dental, vision, short term disability, long term disability, life insurance), 401K, PTO, paid holidays, employee continuing education.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
- Proeprty Accounting: 4 years