Sign In or Create Account
Use Facebook or Google to sign in or register with SimplyHired.
Continue with Facebook
Continue with Google
Albertsons Safeway is working to become the favorite food and drug retailer in every market it serves. The organization includes 2,230 stores, 27 distribution facilities and 19 manufacturing plants with over 250,000 employees across 34 states and the District of Columbia. The company is privately owned with supermarkets across the country that include: Albertsons, Safeway, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Carrs, ACME, Jewel-Osco, Lucky, Shaw’s, Star Market, Super Saver, United Supermarkets, Market Street and Amigos.
The Supply Chain Department has an opening for a Procurement Department Specialist. This position is located in Roanoke, Texas.
The Department Specialist completes a variety of administrative and clerical activities that support the Procurement Department in achieving goals and objectives. Works under moderate supervision on work assignments requiring knowledge of Distribution Center and Department policies and procedures
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Supports the Procurement Manager and Buyers by completing administrative and clerical work to include: maintenance of files, running reports, data entry, answering telephones when necessary, answering routine questions or referring to proper individual, sorts incoming and outgoing mail.
* Completes the system set-up of new items and removal of discontinued items from the system.
* Assists Buyers with the placement of purchase orders, maintains contact with retail store personnel to resolve special problems or to obtain necessary information and maintain quality standards,
* Coordinates necessary functions between the Procurement Department and other Distribution Center Departments.
*Enters store distribution and allocations of product.
* Responds to special requests and researches information for other department members as requested.
* Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
* High school diploma or higher.
* Knowledge of merchandising terminology and products as well as previous retail industry experience preferred.
* Good general office skills including typing, filing, answering telephones, taking messages, responding to inquiries, handling incoming and outgoing mail, completion of office forms and the proficient use of office equipment (calculators, photocopier, and telephone).
* Good reading, writing, and verbal communications skills.
* Good interpersonal skills to maintain effective business relationships within and outside the company.
* Solid computer skills including the use of word-processing and spreadsheet software.
* Math skills at a level to complete addition, subtraction, multiplication and division.
* Be detail oriented, highly organized, and able to meet deadlines and work with confidential information.
* Most work is performed under general office conditions in a temperature controlled environment. Incumbent will use calculators, keyboards, telephones, and other office equipment in the course of the workday.
Respond to: Interested candidates are encouraged to submit a resume by visiting www.CareersAtSafeway.com on your computer or mobile device.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour