True Value Company, one of the world's largest hardlines wholesalers with more than 4,400 independent retailers in over 60 countries, is looking for an experienced General Operations Manager (GOM) who is interested in working in an environment that encourages quality, decision making & team work. In this role you will lead all aspects of a high-volume, multi-shift, distribution operation in our Westlake, OH Regional Distribution Center (RDC).
The GOM is responsible for the management of the distribution of products to assure maximum efficiency, quality, and service at the least possible cost. Directs local planning to ensure facility strategy is aligned with company strategy and culture. Assures optimum performance related to space utilization, inventory availability, and quality to ensure high levels of customer service. Responsible for providing an effective and safe work environment; Accountable to manage warehousing and delivery cost efficiency. Accountable for the integrity and maintenance of the total asset, including inventory, equipment, furnishings, and land and buildings. Directs planning to ensure optimum performance related to space utilization, inventory availability, warehousing and delivery cost efficiencies. Partners with human resources and the local team to manage employee relations programs and issues.
The GOM has responsibility for the following:
- Manages and controls all expenses attributable to inbound operations, outbound operations, transportation and distribution of products, equipment utilization and distribution center buildings and property.
- Monitors associate performance and maintains work rules and work processes to ensure a high level of customer service to Member Retailers.
- Manages and coaches RDC warehouse exempt level staff. Allocates and manages operation’s resources/roles based on operation’s and budgetary targets and customer expectations.
- Manages the RDC inventory processes and ensures the quality, accuracy, and timeliness of all warehouse product receipts and delivery.
- Works directly with Member Retailers to establish and foster a strong relationship related to warehousing and delivery functions.
- Coordinates employee training, job requirements and safety requirements.
- Ensures the facility is a safe work environment.
- Maintains functional plans around workforce planning, RDC environment, communications planning, and operational planning.
Successful candidates possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and relevant work experience, along with a minimum of 7 years of management experience in complex, high SKU warehouse distribution environments.
- Technical knowledge of distribution, operations systems including WMS & RF Scanning is required. Experience with Voice Pick systems is desirable.
- Demonstrated successes in staff development, project management and demonstrated leadership, initiative and decision-making skills.
- Direct to Consumer or e-commerce experience is desirable.
- Excellent analytical skills and be capable of handling a variety of issues, problems and priorities simultaneously.
- The ability to foster a positive work environment by promoting teamwork, open communication and corporate culture.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.