- 5+ years of program management experience requiring data analysis, process improvements, creative problem solving, and cross-functional collaboration.
- Bachelor’s degree (Operations, Supply Chain management, Procurement, Industrial Engineering, Business Management, Data Analytics, or related fields
- Experience delivering functional requirements and/or statement of work (SOW) for the creation of new tools/process improvements
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com that provides a broad set of infrastructure services including computing power, storage options, networking and databases available on demand. We are the leader in cloud computing and our pioneers are embracing innovation, building the future, and making history! Over the last many years, Amazon Web Services (“AWS”) has been the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. AWS offers over 100 fully featured services to millions of active customers around the world—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies to power their infrastructure.
We are seeking a creative, results-driven and forward-thinking senior program manager to join our Data Center Services Procurement team. Are you excited to drive high-visibility, strategic projects as well as leverage Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to lead operational process improvement initiatives for a fast growing business of Amazon? Are you comfortable digging in to business processes, identifying wastes and proposing innovative technological solutions to scale the business? If so, you would be the right person for the Program Manager role that we are seeking. This person will be part of the Center of Excellence team within Procurement and will work on baselining and improving business processes within Services Procurement and the larger Data Center Global Services (DCGS) organization that designs, builds, and launches data centers worldwide. You will work closely with internal customers across many functions that supports the design, engineering, construction, and operations of the data center fleet across global locations to understand their processes, identify areas of improvement, propose solutions and implement them. You will be empowered to take full ownership and lead both the strategy and execution of process re-engineering and continuous improvement workflows working with these partner teams. You will develop and maintain close relationships with our internal stakeholders in order to understand our highest priority execution pain-points and opportunities and work backwards from those using data to identify areas of opportunity. You will develop and promote best practices and drive improvements to internal business processes.
The successful candidate will possess an ability to collaborate with stakeholders in a matrixed environment in order to: (1) define critical business processes and critical customer pain points, (2) measure and analyze issues, (3) develop innovative, scalable solutions that address pain points, and (4) build continuous improvement, closed-looped processes. In this position, you are required to think big as well as execute at a tactical level as you’ll work across businesses and geographies to drive improvements in processes using lean, six sigma, and technology as a way to enhance efficiencies and experiences for our internal customers. It will be critical that you ensure that the team can appropriately scale as the business grows, and you must be proactive in identifying ways to stay ahead of this curve. You will develop mechanisms and metrics to measure team’s performance, propose improvements and execute those proposals once vetted. You will drive cycle time reduction, ensure availability, and simplification throughout by eliminating rework loops, reducing and automating manual work/ hand-offs, identifying and implementing best practices across the business, and minimizing process variance through standardization and automation.
We are looking for an individual who is responsive, flexible and able to succeed within an open, collaborative peer environment. You must be motivated to work in a data driven environment, have a desire to drive change, and long for the opportunity to analyze systematic issues and implement solutions to challenging problems. You will need to demonstrate ability to think strategically and analytically about business, product, and technical challenges, with the ability to work cross-organizationally. A keen sense of ownership and drive is necessary.
Key areas of responsibility
- Work with various functions and end users to identify, document, and communicate standard business processes
- Assess, develop, implement and audit innovative process improvement solutions, automate standard work and removes roadblocks
- Drive culture of innovation, simplification and continuous improvement through best practice sharing, advocacy and hands-on leadership
- Build/prioritize roadmap and drive the tactical execution of key operational excellence (OE) initiatives and resolutions across DCGS
- Create new tools and business processes that simplify, standardize and enable operational excellence
- Derive actionable insights and routinely present recommendations from analysis
- Write SQL queries to extract data.
- Proficiency in SQL, Excel (including Pivot Tables, dynamic dashboards, array functions, Power Pivots, VBA, etc), Tableau, and dashboard/report graphs
- MBA or advanced degree in a related field preferred
- Passionate about understanding customers and their behavior in order to drive new feature development
- Preferred work experience in a fast paced deadline-oriented work environment
- Experience developing, analyzing, and communicating performance metrics to senior management
- Demonstrated ability to work cross-functionally with engineering, design, construction and operations counterparts to deliver products/services
- Experience deploying projects utilizing six sigma, Kaizen methodologies
- Experience and understanding of third party services for building and operating a data center
- Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
- Ability to deal with ambiguous problems and build solutions with proper project management
Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.