Ascend Talent Solutions Job Description – Assistant Property Manager
Our client is one of the largest Commercial Real Estate and Property Management companies in California developing its commercial portfolio in Northern California focused on converting and increasing the value of well-located office and industrial properties needs a detailed oriented Assistant Property Manager for a multi-tenant property with active facilities and space management.
Job Description – The Assistant Property Manager will work closely with the Property Manager, Asset Manager, Property Coordinator, and Engineering and Security teams to ensure the successful fiscal and real property management of the building. The primary responsibilities for the Assistant Property Manager will be actively participating in the preparation of the monthly and annual financial reporting packages, project managing above standard work for tenants including suite improvements and maintenance. Establishing and maintaining relationships with building vendors driving high quality work and service. Additional responsibilities for the Assistant Property Manager will include the following:
- Manage all tenant correspondence, move-in's and move-out's, and preparation of all related documents variances
- Assist Property Manager with the aging report and following up on delinquencies
- Interface with tenants and vendors on work order requests, on-site maintenance, improvement projects and events
- Assist Property Manager with all tenant Common Area Maintenance (CAM) charges, tax assessments, and other miscellaneous billing adjustments
- Ensure that above standard tenant bill-backs for electrical usage, after hours HVAC, and other similar charges are processed in a timely manner
- Oversee tenant and vendor insurance certificates
- Participate in performance oversight of all service contractors who perform contract services
- Prepare tenant lease abstracts
- Ensure tenant files are complete and in compliance with building standards
- Assist in overseeing various capital and TI projects
- Responsible for leading regular inspections of properties with janitorial and other building service providers
- Develop strong relationships with tenants and vendors
- 1 - 3 years as an Assistant Property Manager
- Strong knowledge of finance and building operations with excellent communication skills.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Outlook, Yardi, MRI, Timberline, Building Engines, and other commercial real estate software programs.
- Professional with exceptional problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent customer service skills and ability to develop long term relationships with tenants.
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Medical, Dental, Vision, PTO and PST