Bucher Hydraulics is one of the largest manufacturers of hydraulic power units in the world. Bucher serves markets such as Handicap Lifts, Aerial Platform Lifts, Tailgate Lifts, Dump Trailers, Truck Mounted Cranes, Industrial Applications, Auto Hoists, Snow Plows, and many others.
Bucher Hydraulics is a leading global manufacturer of hydraulic power systems..
Position: Engineering Team Lead
Reports to: Technical Lead - HPU
The Team Lead will perform various engineering duties relating to the application, design, documentation and support of AC and DC hydraulic power units.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Hydraulic system design based on customer specifications, direct customer interface during the development process.
- Selection of hydraulic components to meet system functionality
- Final review and approval of production documentation
- Involvement in prototype testing
- Trouble shooting customers field issues
- Work closely with multiple internal and external teams
- Develop concepts to improve and reduce costs of current products
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or equivalent experience
- Ability to manage a small team of design and draftspersons
- Experience with Solidworks or similar parametric solid modeling software preferred
- Ability to interpret and develop hydraulics schematics
- Competent in Excel and other MS Office applications
- Strong technical aptitude
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys hands-on work
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively manage projects in a fast paced, multitasking environment
Job Type: Full-time
- SolidWorks: 1 year (Preferred)