1600 Osgood Street, Ste. 20-23
North Andover, MA 01845
Tel +1 (978) 688.4900 www.panelclaw.com
Manufacturing Engineer – Quality/Documentation Control/Product Development
Direct Report: Director of Engineering
Work Location: North Andover, MA
Type: Permanent, Full Time, Exempt
At PanelClaw we have assembled a team of exceptional individuals working as engineers, sales, designers, marketers, supply chain specialists, and business leaders. What makes PanelClaw great are the people behind the titles. We feed off each other's energy and direct our passion toward the goal of accelerating the adoption of PV worldwide.
Working closely together to share ideas and challenge ideas-- enables us to routinely come up with the best ideas. Our "Friday Lunch" tradition brings us together to dine on the latest creative catering choice, hear company announcements first-hand and talk about what employees have on tap for the weekend.
We value the mutual respect of being passionate about what we do and for being easy to do business with.
The Manufacturing Engineer will become an integral part of the Engineering team, specifically taking the lead for all quality related tasks, contract manufacturer support, and ECO system management. The position requires active participation during product development meetings, assistance during product testing and certification, and collaboration during problem solving sessions.
- Perform product first article inspections, tolerance stack-up analysis, inspection and root cause analysis of defective components, vendor qualifications, vendor support, vendor quality reviews
- Work with third party manufacturers to establish acceptable quality plans and procedures
- Establish internal quality procedures for new product and identify inspection tools/fixtures
- Drive corrective actions from creation through to completion and implementation
- Support manufacturers by helping to identify issues with production processes utilizing Six
- Offer solutions when manufacturing line issues come up and work with third party manufacturers to overcome any challenges that they may face
- Review processes, control plans, inspection plans, and set AQL for manufactured components
- Support and cross train other internal departments on Quality best practices
- Create inspection drawings and forms
Page 1 of 3
- Maintain existing ECO procedures and process flows
- Execute ECO’s, which include technical drawing changes, forms, procedures, and installation manuals
- Participate in the product development cycle, adding expertise in design for manufacturing, cost, and quality
- Support the commercialization of new products in accordance with existing ECO procedures
- Test, document, and communicate results for both PanelClaw internal testing and PanelClaw
Partner Lab Testing
- Bachelor of Science Manufacturing Engineering or Mechanical Engineering required
- Minimum of 5 years of experience with high volume manufacturing processes (rollforming, stamping, extruding, forging, and threading)
- Must be hands on and willing to assist in product development testing, which includes mechanical load, fatigue, thermal, and electrical testing
- Must be proficient using Solidworks, Solidworks Inspection, Solidworks PDM, and MS Office
- Travel both domestic and international 10-30%
Ideal Personal Characteristics:
- Organized and able to attain results on several projects simultaneously
- Self-driven, results-oriented, and motivated to work effectively independently and in a team setting
- Flexibility in adapting to changing requirements and priorities
- Dedicated, passionate and eager to learn
- Comfortable leading Quality team meetings and efforts
- Competitive salary based on relevant professional experience
- Bonuses available based on individual and firm performance
- Fringe benefits package includes medical, dental and vision insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid time off
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
PanelClaw is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. No employee or applicant for employment will be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, ancestry, disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, gender identity, transgender status, marital status, or any other classification protected by
Page 2 of 3
applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and programs relating to recruitment and hiring, promotion, compensation, benefits, discipline, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Any applicant or employee who believes they have been discriminated against by the Company or anyone acting on behalf of the Company must report any concerns to his/her Human Resources
Business Partner, Legal, or Compliance immediately. The Company will not retaliate against any individual because he/she made a good faith report of discrimination.
Page 3 of 3
Job Type: Full-time
- Manufacturing Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)
- Solidworks: 2 years (Required)
- Rollforming/stamping: 2 years (Preferred)
- Will you now or in the future require PanelClaw to commence an immigration case in order to employ you (for example H1-B or other employment based immigration )?
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off