Why E. & J. Gallo Winery?
Recognized by Glassdoor as a "Best Place to Work" two years in a row, we couldn't be prouder of our employees. We are the largest family-owned winery in the world with over 100 brands. We are committed to driving innovation, sustainability, and fostering a culture of collaboration. We look forward to having you join the team! Your Talent & Gallo | A Perfect Pairing
Under general supervision, performs the seasonal routine physical and chemical analysis of grapes, grape products, alcoholic beverages, water and other related materials pertaining to the operation of the company and related entities while observing the department's safety practices, procedures and quality system.
- Performs the routine analysis utilizing appropriate distillation, titrametric, colorimetric and instrumental methods during the grape harvest season.
- Operates laboratory instruments such as an auto-titrator, refractometer, density meter, ion specific electrodes, gas chromatographs, high performance liquid chromatographs, infrared analyzers, atomic absorption spectrometer, balances, turbidimeters, and other instruments as required to perform duties.
- Analyzes and processes laboratory samples.
- Receives rush samples, prioritizes samples and tests, analyzes samples and reports results in a timely manner as specified.
- Enters test results into the laboratory information management system in a timely manner.
- Selects and prepares chemical solutions used in the laboratory.
- Performs other work related duties as assigned by the Supervisor including, but not limited to, sampling, cleaning, record clerk duties and special projects.
- Maintains satisfactory attendance, to include timeliness.
- Responsible for understanding and complying with applicable quality, environmental and safety regulatory consideration.
- This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future.
- High School Diploma or State-issued equivalency certificate.
- Associate's degree to include 2 years of college level chemistry (with lab courses) OR Associates plus 1 year of laboratory technician work experience (in lieu of 2 years of college level chemistry) OR 3 years of Laboratory Technician experience (in lieu of an Associate’s degree).
- Required to possess strong verbal, written, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Required to lift and carry cases of product that can weigh up to 50 pounds.
- Required to maintain 3 shift availability (day, swing, and graveyard); required to work overtime when necessary.
- Required to conduct work at extreme heights.
- Required to be at least 21 years of age.
- Bachelor’s of Science degree in chemistry, food science, or biology plus 1 year Laboratory Technician experience.
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel and MS Word at a basic level.
- Experience reading and interpreting documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Skilled in writing routine reports and correspondence.
- Experience speaking before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Skilled in working with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
- Skilled in applying concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Experience solving practical problems and dealing with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Skilled in interpreting a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand or bend/stoop/kneel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to finger, handle, grasp or feel. The employee is frequently required to walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The employee is required to climb stairs to the upper levels of receiving, tanks and crush equipment. Sitting only occurs while entering data into the computer. The employee is frequently carrying sample bottles (375mL or 750mL) or equipment, up and down the around the winery. Pulling occurs on an occasional basis throughout the workday. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
Job Posting ID: 55021
Equal Opportunity Employer
Nearest Major Market: