Envision a future where health disparities do not exist, where HIV transmission is extremely rare, and where people living with HIV have access to the medications and social support they need to live healthy, long lives. San Francisco AIDS Foundation has worked to create such a future since 1982 through education, advocacy and direct prevention, substance use health and supportive services. More than 25,000 people every year access free HIV testing and STI screening, harm reduction and syringe access and disposal, community engagement, and health navigation services. We need passionate agents of social change, vanguards of public health, and creative problem-solvers to join our fight.
The Development Systems Manager has primary responsibility for database administration of systems, tools and processes to support the fundraising function in the Development department of the foundation. The Development Systems Manager provides data to solicit and cultivate donors as part of our direct mail, online, and other fundraising campaigns. The Development Systems Manager also supervises the Donor Systems Specialist and the Donor Systems Associate, a temporary position hired during peak donation periods.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Manages donor databases regarding data integrity, system enhancements and integration between online and offline CMS databases.
- Responsible for installing, configuring, testing, and deploying applications that work with the fundraising system, as well as serving as the liaison with any related vendors
- Acts as lead Data Administrator and internal liaison regarding systems integration.
- Supports leadership team in reporting needs that impact the development and implementation of strategic plans that further fundraising functions.
- Provides internal framework for all donations and fundraising campaigns to guarantee proper tracking and reporting of fundraising metrics.
- Works collaboratively with the Finance Department to ensure that donations are properly reconciled and is the liaison to the Finance Department on all questions concerning the receipt of gifts.
- Coordinates fundraising campaigns with the Senior Manager, Development Operations and other departmental staff with an emphasis on providing any reports or data to ensure the success of these campaigns.
- Creates donor, event participant, and revenue analysis reports in Salesforce/Luminate CRM and Blackbaud Luminate Online.
- Performs highly complex data mining of various sources through reports, queries, imports, and exports to support the fundraising efforts of San Francisco AIDS Foundation, using tools including Salesforce Reports, Apex Data Loader, Demand Tools, and Microsoft Excel and Access.
- Provisioning new users and ensuring their security settings are configured appropriately
- Managing and maintaining integrations with outside systems
- Responsible for troubleshooting and resolving system issues identified by staff, event participants, donors and other constituent groups
- Documenting coding and business processes and keeping this documentation up to date
- Provides continuous training on the fundraising system to ensure all staff are informed of functionality and aligned on business processes
- Managing system upgrades, identifying possible enhancements and working with Leadership to identify strategic opportunities.
- Manages the Donor Systems Specialist to ensure that offline donations are processed and acknowledged in a timely and correct manner.
- High level of comfort with online fundraising and marketing tools and the ability to learn new technologies quickly
- Business analyst skills, including the ability to gather and consolidate requirements from across multiple functional areas and recommend a path forward to meet SFAF’s needs
- Understands peer-to-peer fundraising cycles
- Excellent relationship building skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities concurrently
- Skilled at training and coaching others on technical systems
- Ease in communicating with technical and non-technical users effectively, while translating requirements to the appropriate level of understanding
- Strong technical troubleshooting, QA (quality assurance) and solution testing skills
- High level of proficiency in Windows operating systems, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), and experience with constituent relationship management (CRM) systems (e.g., Salesforce, Blackbaud or similar). Working knowledge of search functions for donor research purposes helpful (ie. Wealth Engine)
- Strong organizational skills; ability to prioritize and to work calmly under pressure of goals and deadlines
- Has experience with database conversions
Physical Requirements and Work Environments:
- Development Systems Specialist
- Donor Systems Associate (temp)
Skill in operating office equipment such as a personal computer, copy machine and telephone system. Ability to perform routine bending, stooping, twisting, and reaching. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to work nights and weekends infrequently/as necessary for key job functions.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of two years’ experience with CRM and database management.
- Experience with database management in a structured office setting or non-profit fundraising unit.
- Salesforce experience required
This position will have access to protected health information (PHI) and may only access, use or disclose the minimum information necessary to perform their designated role on behalf of San Francisco AIDS Foundation, regardless of the extent of access provided.
This position is primarily located at 1035 Market Street; San Francisco, however may require traveling to other office locations or off-site meetings as required by the job. .
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:
The San Francisco AIDS Foundation is an Equal Opportunity employer. We actively seek applications from people living with HIV/AIDS, and other disabilities, women, LGBT people, and people of color.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Please visit our careers page at:
POSITION OPEN UNTIL FILLED
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE