Specification Specialist -* (*23000115)
*A Career at Rheem: Where Comfort Is Your Calling*
At Rheem, we’re dedicated to bringing comfort to people’s lives. And, as a leading global manufacturer of heating, cooling and water heating equipment, we’re innovating all-new ways to deliver just the right temperature while saving energy, water and supporting a more sustainable future. It’s an exciting challenge that requires a team of talented, passionate people with a diverse set of skills. From engineers to accountants, sales professionals to support experts, Rheem depends on people to power our innovations. Join Rheem, and help shape the future of products that impact people’s lives—every day.
The Specification Specialist, Water Commercial Growth helps develop specification sets for customer quotes for Commercial Water Heating projects. Maintains Master Spec online specification files related to Rheem product portfolio. Mines CMD or Construct Connect for project opportunities Utilizes software to search, analyze commercial project data and offers insights and recommendation to the sales team regarding sales opportunities. Interfaces with customer’s specifying engineers and Rheem’s manufacturing representatives as needed to provide product data and specifications. Interfaces with customer specifying engineers and Rheem Manufacturing Representatives as needed to provide product data and specifications. Provides advanced product and technical assistance to customers, over the phone, through electronic communication, or in person. Focusing on determining the customer’s specification needs and criteria and identifying the best Rheem Commercial Water products (Rheem, Raypak, Eemax and IBC) to meet those needs.
This position will serve our Water Division, located in Midwest.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Provides verbal and written technical assistance to customers and specifying engineers related to product selection, service, installation, and product application
- Responds to general product questions for complex multi-family and/or large-scale commercial projects.
- Works primarily with Engineers who are specifying commercial jobs with the goal of getting Rheem Water products onto the specifications.
- Able to understand complex commercial hydronic and water heating applications to recommend solutions, which meet the end user’s needs.
- Gathers information regarding potential leads by utilizing software to monitor requests for product specifications, or public information regarding commercial projects or from other sources, such as word of mouth
- Partners with sales leadership to review project data and to align on sales opportunities
- Uses Customer Relations Management system for tracking requests, specifications and documents resolutions.
- Follow-up on calls to ensure timely resolution to all questions and to build ongoing relationships with the specifying engineers
- Train specifying engineers about Rheem products (thinking lunch & learn here, though perhaps this is not in this person’s purview)
WHAT YOU NEED
- 4-6 years’ experience performing field support, technical support, engineering, or documentation support within the Hydronic, HVAC, water heating, or within the plumbing field.
- Strong technical skills in the areas of blueprint/drawing comprehension, engineering design change review, and manufacturing production control
- Ability to understand hydronic and water heating applications
- Ability to draw and read blueprints
- Excellent negotiating, communication, planning and organizing skills
HOW TO STAND OUT
- Bachelor’s degree in Business or Engineering preferred or equivalent work-related experience
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or technical diagram form.
- Experience with design change control in a manufacturing environment preferred
- Must have excellent problem solving skills for technical products.
- Ability to support the variety of products from Eemax, IBC, Raypak and Rheem Water Heater and prioritize multiple projects.
Rheem is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Rheem encourages all qualified candidates to apply, including those of any race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. The job description above has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Equivalent combination of education, experience, and skills may supplement above minimum job requirements.
For U.S. Based jobs, please note that Rheem is unable to hire candidates to be employed in the following states: Alaska, Hawaii, Idaho, Louisiana, Mississippi, Montana, New Mexico, North Dakota, South Dakota, Vermont, West Virginia, or Wyoming.
Notice to Third Party Recruitment Agencies:
Please note that Rheem and its subsidiaries do not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of an executed Recruitment Services Agreement, there will be no obligation to any referral compensation or recruiter fee.
Primary Location: US-CA-Oxnard
Work Locations: Raypak, Inc. - Oxnard (CA) 2151 Eastman Avenue Oxnard 93030
Organization: Raypak, Inc
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Job Type: Standard
Job Level: Entry Level
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Job Posting: Feb 27, 2023, 2:01:40 PM
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,700.00 - $105,200.00 per year
- Engineering and Technical Support of Engineering/Mechanical Products: 4 years (Required)
- Providing advanced product and technical assistance to customers/Engineers, over the phone, through electronic communication, or in person. : 4 years (Required)
Work Location: In person