The Measure Technician works independently in a traveling field role supporting Home Depot's Flooring Measurement Services. Measure Techs are directly responsible for traveling locally to customer's homes and conducting flooring measurements and gathering pre-installation details. Measure Techs play a key role during the sales, product inquiry, and flooring installations process in conjunction with the Measurement Services center. Measure Techs are directly responsible for providing a positive customer experience, entering and transmitting accurate measurements by a CAD tablet and various related department goals.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES
90% - Providing customer service by assessing customer needs, conducting onsite home flooring measurements and gathering pre-installation flooring details.
10% - Review and edit of drawings in the measurement tablet.
NATURE AND SCOPE
This position reports to Marketing Manager.
This position has 0 direct reports.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Conditions could produce mild discomfort on occasion
This position has 0 direct reports. MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
0 years, No experience required; training provided.
Most of the time is spent in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
Previous home improvement, customer service, or retail experience is a plus.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Skilled at consistently providing outstanding customer service, following through on responsibilities to customers and recovering from any errors made.
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects and assignments accurately, catching errors before completion, despite a large workload, competing demands and a fast paced environment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with customers.
- Ability to set priorities, plan and coordinate work activities and obtain and manage resources so that work objectives are accomplished on time.
- Candidates must have strong computer skills.