The Administrative Assistant in the Berkeley office is responsible for ensuring key “behind the scenes” functions operate smoothly on a daily basis, providing the infrastructure that allows the organization to run efficiently.
JOB DUTIES & ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Daily office operations: develop procedures and handle office needs related to supplies and payables, cash receipts, billing support, equipment, kitchen, food, recycling, trash, daily mail, phone, internet, office-wide calendars, etc.
- Reception: answer incoming calls and greet in-person visitors, serving as a warm, welcoming voice and as the face of JFCS East Bay
- Facilities: coordinate office equipment repairs and event logistics
- General department workflow: handle one-time projects, document systems as they’re developed, maintain paper and electronic files as needed
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and expectations required of the position.
- Computer Literacy: Use technology effectively in the performance of one’s job. Includes the integration and acceptance of new technology when appropriate. Confidence using the following: Microsoft: Word and Excel, Google Suite: Drive, Gmail, calendar (final candidates will be tested on computer skills).
- Problem Solving: A proven ability to identify administrative needs, propose solutions and lead the adoption of new processes
- Communication: Able to inform verbally and in writing, with clarity and good effect and to understand clearly and quickly when instructions are received. Includes judgment about what information is important and what is not, and what should be communicated, how, to whom and when.
- Work Quality: Strong attention to detail
- Planning: Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Adaptability: Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize work to meet deadlines
- Integrity: Ability to maintain strict confidentiality related to client, staff and other Agency information. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to JFCS East Bay’s mission
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $16.00 to $17.00 /hour
- Clinical Office: 1 year
- Administrative Assistant: 3 years
- High school or equivalent