SOS Security has immediate job opening for Armed Security Supervisor in Richmond, VA.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing, encouraging and leading a high-performing team.
- Understanding and ensuring post orders and client requirements are met.
- Working closely with SOS Security Management, sharing feedback from the field to ensure quality and evolve our services and capabilities.
Supporting professional development through required and benefit training for you and your staff.
The Supervisor will be responsible for:
- Lead and manage team of security officers
- Administrative skills, detailed oriented, computer skills,
- Data entry, use MS Word and Excel, use Gmail, and use a calculator.
- Perform site evaluations
- Respond to calls for assistance from client, client visitors, employees and company
- Management of day to day operations of security officers
- Maintain excellent customer service driven rapport with clients
- Making good decisions in accordance with post orders and company policies
- Editing and maintaining schedules for several Richmond sites
- Must be willing to work various shifts if required, sometimes at different locations
- Maintain prescribed patrol route both in and outdoors during all weather conditions.
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak fluent English in all modes of communication.
- Professional appearance, including abiding by company standards for personal hygiene, appearance, and uniform.
- Outgoing interpersonal demeanor, ability to relate with diverse groups of people, and display good customer service skills.
- Computer-literate, with working knowledge of Microsoft Office. Have access to the internet and a personal email address.
- DCJS Armed Security Officer registration
- Knowledge or ability to learn legal guidelines for area security and public safety
- Familiarity with report writing
- Excellent customer service and observation skills
- Tech-savvy with computer experience, surveillance systems or able to learn
- Trained or able to take First Aid/Basic Life Support and self-defense training
- Able to stand and/or walk for long periods (up to 50 per hour), and climb stairs and ladders for emergency purposes.
- Pass background and initial/ongoing drug testing
- 18 years old and authorized to work in the US
- High School diploma or GED is required
With or without reasonable accommodation, the physical and mental requirements of this job may include the following: seeing, hearing, speaking, and writing clearly.
Occasional reaching with hands and arms, stooping, kneeling, crouching and crawling, Frequent sitting, standing and walking, which may be required for long periods of time, and may involve climbing stairs and walking up inclines and on uneven terrain.
Additional physical requirements may include, frequent lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds and occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
We offer Benefits for Full Time permanent employees!!
Paid holidays, Vacation/Paid Time Off, 401K, Medical, Dental, Life, Vision
*SOS Security will supply Uniforms*
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group.
SOS Security is Headquartered in Parsippany, New Jersey, with regional and branch offices throughout the United States; SOS Security has become the benchmark for quality and professionalism in the field of security since our founding in 1969. We offer a broad range of services, including: Armed and Unarmed Security; Management & Consulting; Investigations; and Executive Protection.
Secure your future today by joining the SOS Security team Experienced security professionals looking to apply their knowledge in a rewarding team environment truly find a home at SOS. You will become an integral part of the relationship between our firm and our clients.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Salary: $13.50 to $14.00 /hour
- Security Supervisor: 2 years (Preferred)
- Armed Security Officer: 1 year (Preferred)
- Armed Virginia Security Officer (Preferred)
- Firearm Endorsement (Preferred)