Job Title: Marketing Assistant
Reports to: Director of Marketing
About Costa Fruit & Produce Company:
A privately owned company, Costa is a produce and specialty foods purveyor serving fine dining establishments throughout New England.
In addition to offering a complete line of fresh products that include fresh fruit and produce, dairy and value added fresh cut produce; Costa works closely with local farmers and producers bringing a wide variety of local artisan items such as cheese, meats and hors d’oeuvres to their diverse customer base. Costa is a sustainable business leader certified by the Sustainable Business Network of Massachusetts and has been a recipient of the Boston Green Business Award for their support of local agriculture and green initiatives. Find us on LinkedIn, Facebook or Instagram!
We are seeking a creative individual to join our marketing department. This is a hands-on production position.
The Marketing Assistant's principle job duties and responsibilities are to assist in all company marketing activities including:
- Assist in desktop publishing/layout of newsletters and product flyers design.
- Coordinate, customize and maintain marketing materials of a products or business line for customer events, trade shows and vendor meetings.
- Administrative and clerical support to the Director of Marketing.
- Maintain e-mail distribution list and distribute email-marketing ads.
- Coordinate mailings with sales teams.
- Coordinate and support the company's marketing programs, Serve-Safe program, initiatives and trade shows.
The right candidate will possess:
- A 2 Year degree in Marketing, Desktop Publishing, or equivalent, recent, verifiable, work experience.
- Previous Layout/Design experience a must!
- Strong written and verbal communication skills? Absolutely!
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Publisher - Adobe InDesign, Photoshop Constant Contact.- Required!
- Social Networking Skills (Facebook, Twitter, etc) Helpful
- Previous Food industry knowledge is very helpful.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience required.
- Must be able to multitask, interact harmoniously with all departments, Work independently and Work effectively in a rapidly changing environment.
Only qualified individuals with recent and verifiable work histories need apply.
No agencies or recruiters please!
Costa Fruit and Produce Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $48,000.00 per year
- photography: 2 years (Preferred)
- marketing: 5 years (Required)
- United States (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off