Federal Headhunters is a strategic business partner to the federal government, including prime and set-aside contractors. We provide flexible government employment and career opportunities at top federal agencies nationwide that you may never find through your own job search—across a wide range of professions. Our focus and dedication are placing government contractors in a wide variety of positions across the public and private sectors.
Federal Headhunters is currently seeking a Warehouse Leader to support our customer’s Warehouse in Ft. Sam Houston, TX. The ideal candidate will manage Warehouse Associate, schedules and oversee activities of others. Must have the ability to multi task, be organized, and knowledgeable in warehousing activities, forklifts with excellent leadership and collaboration skills.
- Recruit, train, coach and motivate employees to meet job expectations and use of performance management process.
- Assist with scheduling of Warehouse Associates weekly schedules and personal time off to ensure adequate coverage.
- Supervise team and provide training and coaching to improve performance
- Monitor work quality to consistently deliver exceptional customer service
- Ensure Warehouse always maintains a clean environment
- Communicate well with leadership, team members and other departments
- Provide and oversee support for all furniture set-up
- Re-configuration and area changes; while receiving and processing a variety of materials for furniture and work place support projects.
- Unload, segregate and verify furniture items for accuracy as reflected on accompanying documents.
- Exercise proper warehousing techniques to preclude breakage or damage to furniture support Ii materials.
- Store stock in appropriate bins and/or storage location. Correct and update bin labels. Store and stack materials in accordance with established warehousing plan-- considering size, shape and quantity. Report shortages or damaged items to supervisor.
- Manage and support all methods of ergonomic furniture movement, general repairs and the use of materials and the tools needed to accomplish projected maintenance tasks.
- Conduct inventory of stock and submits replenishment requests to supervisor for review and reorder.
- Participate in warehouse operations and projects as either a truck driver or Forklift Operator as required.
- Schedule with numerous activities for modification of work orders and furniture arrangement request. As required due to the patient care mission and its priorities, the contract employee will need to infrequently work as required after duty hours or on weekends to ensure patient are and flow in not degraded during normal duty hours.
- A high school diploma or GED is required. Associate's degree, vocational degree, or professional diploma/certifications is preferred.
- 10+ years warehouse/supply chain experience is preferred.
- Ability to safely walk, reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat, and kneel as necessary to perform job duties; lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Ability to stand, sit or walk for extended periods of time
- Understanding of warehouse operations and supply chain management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and computerized scanner equipment
- Must have good communication skills.
- Must have experience working with computer systems and Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel.
- Must have a clean driving record for the past 3 to 5 years and possess a current, valid driver's license.
- Must be able to successfully pass criminal background and substance checks.
- Experience with pickers, forklifts, reach trucks, and a current forklift license
Federal Headhunters is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Job Type: Full-time
- Warehouse Management: 10 years (Required)
- High school or equivalent (Required)