American Paper & Twine Company is seeking a professional, intelligent, resourceful, and talented individual to join our sales team in our Atlanta, GA distribution center. The position involves selling packaging products, facility supplies, food service disposables, safety supplies, and office products to businesses spanning just about every industry. Day to day responsibilities include interfacing with new and existing customers, developing leads, cold calling prospects, working on quotations, assisting with order fulfillment, entertaining clients, and partnering with vendor representatives. Successful team members will also ascertain customer problems and offer solutions which are profitable to our business and helpful to our customers.
We have a solid infrastructure in both our Atlanta office and our corporate office in Nashville, Tennessee to support the candidate’s sales efforts so that maximum time can be devoted to interfacing with customers. Compensation will consist of a competitive base salary plus expenses, potentially moving to an incentive based system with unlimited six figure earning potential. American Paper & Twine also provides a comprehensive benefits package.
- Health insurance paid 100% for employee and 50% for dependents
- Generously funded Health Savings Account
- 401(k) plan with matching contributions offered
- Employer paid life insurance provided
- Dental, vision, long term disability and AFLAC plans offered
- Employee Assistance Program offered and paid 100%
- Paid Time Off .
About the Company:
- 4 year degree from an accredited university or college.
- Evidence of achievement and progression of results in school, career, or outside interests.
- Basic understanding of business transactions – bids and proposals, requisitions, purchase orders, logistics, payments, etc.
- Firm understanding of gross profit margins.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – able to recognize and recall nuance from conversations as well as present written data/information.
- Able to prospect, persuade, and close business accounts – ideal candidate will be able to get commitments from potential customers even when the initial answer is “no.”
- Excellent time management and prioritization.
- An ideal candidate will have 3+ years of business to business, outside sales experience. Experience in packaging, food service or jan/san distribution is also a plus. While industry/sales experience is preferred, consideration will be given to less experienced candidates with the right skills and competencies.
American Paper and Twine Company (APT), founded in 1926, is a 3rd generation family owned and operated wholesale distributor of janitorial/sanitation products, packaging supplies, food service disposables, and office products. We service a wide array of industries including: Healthcare, Education, Manufacturing, Distribution, Food Service Processing, Government, Restaurant, Catering, and General Offices. Our product breadth and best in class customer service differentiates us from our competitors and allows us to market ourselves as a one stop shop to businesses large and small. Headquartered in Nashville, TN, we have additional distribution facilities in Chattanooga, Knoxville, Memphis, Little Rock, Atlanta and Florence.
APT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and Drug Free workplace (DFW). All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.