Work Shift: DAY
Work Week: M - F
Houston Methodist is hiring for a PRN Talent Acquisition Sourcer for a temporary assignment. The Talent Acquisition Sourcer engages in strategic and tactical sourcing by pursuing every available outlet (job boards, alumni networks, events etc.) to find potential candidates to fill current and future needs. Proactively and reactively seeks potential candidates, accurately capturing contact information, and selling Houston Methodist opportunities to en courage prospective candidates to apply.
1. Partner with our client-facing recruiters and hiring managers to understand the hiring need and build targeted sourcing plans, managing the hiring manager¿s expectations along the way.
2. Proactively build community relationships and execute creative and innovative sourcing strategies.
3. Partner with entity HR to generate ideas, leverage resources and share information that facilitates an effective search process.
4. Using social networking mediums (ie, LinkedIn groups and other online forums), promote employment brand messaging that drives traffic to Houston Methodist jobs by establishing and cultivating positive relationships
1. Facilitates and ensures recruiters and hiring executives commit to providing appropriate, timely feedback.
1. Builds a pipeline of candidates for skill sets that are needed repeatedly for pivotal and critical roles.
2. Performs extensive Internet based research, data mining and other sourcing techniques to build active and passive candidates pipelines for management and hard-to-fill positions in shared recruiter resources within social media applications such as LinkedIn.
3. Demonstrates efficient recruitment metrics.
4. Ensures recruitment practices demonstrate Houston Methodist¿s commitment to Equal Employment Opportunity policies
1. Utilizes external resources with cost effectiveness and value creation in mind.
2. Follows budget guidelines with respect to recruitment costs and expenses.
1. Identifies appropriate search mediums to support executive staffing.
2. Develops search and staffing strategies for executive level, management, and key strategic/hard-to-fill positions as assigned.
B.S. / B.B.A. in business administration/HR/Marketing or another complimentary field.
2+ years of Recruiting experience with at least 1 years in a sourcing role. Human Resources exposure in a healthcare or service industry environment preferred. There will be a heavy emphasis on prescreening candidates to share our Employee Value Proposition and to immediately understand the candidate's interest and career path.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES AND REGISTRATIONS REQUIRED
AIRS or similar training or certification preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
Demonstrates the skills and competencies necessary to safely perform the assigned job, determined through on-going skills, competency assessments, and performance evaluations.
Sufficient proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing the English language necessary to perform the essential functions of this job, especially with regard to activities impacting patient or employee safety or security.
Ability to effectively communicate with patients, physicians, family members and co-workers in a manner consistent with a customer service focus and application of positive language principles.
Demonstrated proficiency with web-based applicant tracking systems, internet search engines.
Intermediate to advanced level skill with Microsoft Office Suite (MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Understanding of EEOC and OFCCP employment guidelines.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Houston Methodist is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Equal employment opportunity is a sound and just concept to which Houston Methodist is firmly bound. Houston Methodist will not engage in discrimination against or harassment of any person employed or seeking employment with Houston Methodist on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, status as a protected veteran or other characteristics protected by law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor – priority referral Protected Veterans requested.
Houston Methodist (HM) is one of the nation’s leading health systems and academic medical centers. HM consists of 7 hospitals: Houston Methodist Hospital, its flagship academic hospital in the heart of the Texas Medical Center and six community hospitals throughout the greater Houston metropolitan area. HM also includes a research institute, a global business division, numerous physician practices and several free standing emergency rooms and outpatient facilities. Overall, HM employs over 20,000 employees. FORBES magazine has placed Houston Methodist on its annual list of Best Employers in 2016. Houston Methodist is supported by a wide variety of business functions that operate at the system level to help enable clinical departments to provide the best patient care and service in a spiritual environment.