Work as the Congressional project management lead on a team supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Electronic Health Records Modernization Program (OEHRM). Collaborate with key VA stakeholders to ensure cross-functional Congressional integration of OEHRM, Veterans Health Administration (VHA), and Office of Information Technology (OIT) processes. Maintain an up-to-date strategy to engage US Congress to increase transparency. Monitor, track, and develop responses to correspondence, including letters, questions for the record, and ad-hoc requests for information from members of Congress. Prepare clients for Congressional engagements, including hearings, meetings, and briefings through murder board sessions and develop testimonies, oral statements, and informational memorandums. Monitor and analyze the impact of legislative and regulatory policies that would influence the program. Develop executive-level briefings, including SES, political appointees, and documents to detail content to drive and document decision making.
- 5+ years of experience in a governance or policy role
- Experience with presenting to executives
- Experience with writing to guide detailed problem-solving and design discussions to achieve preferred future state and maintaining accountability for ensuring oversight of key issues and decisions as they progress
- Experience with working in a fast-paced environment
- MA or MS degree in Healthcare or a related scientific, technical, or clinical field or 8 years of professional work experience may be substituted for education
- Experience with electronic health records or health IT
- Knowledge of the VA's organization, structure, and mission
We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.