Odysseys Unlimited, a Newton (Massachusetts) based tour operator and direct marketer, provides international small group tours to older Americans including members of some of the country’s most prestigious non-profit organizations. We have employment opportunities for professionals who are willing to use their talents to contribute to the growth and success of our expanding operation.
Title: Coordinator, Product Development
Reporting to: Supervisor, Product Development
This position will support Product Development with contract and master tour bank preparation. The coordinator will also assemble, distribute, and maintain the Operating Turnover within department deadlines while adhering to the company’s mission to offer guests an exceptional value and an excellent travel experience.
- Assemble, distribute, and maintain the Operating Turnover with a goal to distribute 150 days prior to departure
- Create Master Tour Banks with a completion goal 30 days prior to the first departure
- Work with Product Manager(s) to create primary vendor agreements
- Work with Product Manager(s) to contract secondary vendor services and create agreements
- Provide general support to Product Manager(s) including (but not limited to) requesting additional space, researching potential partners (primary and secondary), assisting with adjustments on the ground based on tour changes, road trip preparation, monthly booking updates to suppliers, reviewing technical day-by-day itineraries, requesting menus, creating draft Program Summaries
- Compile competitive analysis for specified areas
- Offer input on any quality improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-directed with ability to work with minimal supervision while demonstrating superior critical thinking as well as the ability to prioritize tasks
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong computer skills with Microsoft Word and Excel; Adobe knowledge helpful
- Preference for and past success working in a fast-paced environment
- Two to five years prior travel industry experience preferred
- Ability to interact effectively with others and contribute in a team environment
In addition to the above, this position will assume other responsibilities within the department as deemed necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
- Travel Industry: 2 years (Required)