POSITION SUMMARY: The Underwriter is responsible for researching and analyzing credit risks, assessing credit history and approving or denying extension of credit to potential customers. This team member has contact with other company departments, as well as automobile dealers and other finance and credit sources.
- Analyze credit data to determine the risk in extending credit. Make decisions to approve or deny the extension of credit within a set authority established by senior management and state/federal laws.
- Maintain an environment that facilitates compliance.
- Ensure branch office cooperation with other departments to maximize efficiency within the company.
- Assist borrowers with loan application process and inform them of loan requirements, terms, rates, and matters affecting the granting of loans
- Gather and develop information to process loan applications, such as financial statements and tax returns, and make recommendations
- Analyze financial information and prepare reports
- Compile loan files, write credit memorandums, and present loans to the Loan Committee for approval
- Prepare loan documentation
- Review completed loan files for accuracy, compliance, and completion
- Track loan progress, collateral filings, filings of deed of trust, current financial information, and other loan agreement requirements
- Maintain and develop relationships with loan referral sources such as accountants, real state brokers, attorneys and other professionals
- Assist with special projects, as may be required, for the development or enhancement of the small business lending program
- Uphold and adhere to the official loan policy as set forth by the Board of Directors
- Perform other related duties as needed or assigned, commensurate with level of responsibility and experience
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience and/or a combination of college work and experience, with an emphasis on business
- Understanding and working knowledge of accounting and auditing practices
- Formal coursework in accounting or finance preferred
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate effectively to both groups and individuals
- Ability to build confidence and teamwork through mutual support
- Ability to organize own work, balance competing demand, and function without close supervision
- Knowledge of various software programs
Job Type: Full-time
- Underwriting: 1 year (Required)
- Chinese (Preferred)
- Korean (Preferred)
- Vietnamese (Preferred)