UDA is a local, family-owned, dairy cooperative committed to serve the needs of our members, community, and customers by providing high quality milk and dairy products. As the only milk marketing co-op in the state, UDA oversees the production, processing, and marketing of Arizona’s finest milk products from farm to Retail in 48 hours or less. From sweet cream and butter to non-fat dry milk, UDA provides milk products to manufactures and supermarket chains throughout the Grand Canyon State.
Our motto at UDA is “United in Excellence.” The dairy industry’s success isn’t built on one dairy or brand, it’s built on the community as a whole - this includes our amazing employees. When you join UDA, you’re not just joining a business, you’re joining a family. Since 1960 UDA has been headquartered, operated, and managed in Arizona. We strive to provide our employees with rewarding career opportunities aimed at long-term stability, growth, and advancement. We put our heart and soul into our products and value our team who show up, every day and do the work.
When it comes to food safety and efficient production, we can't have "butter fingers" in our process; especially when it comes to the production and packaging of UDA butter. As a Butter Packager, you will oversee the final step of our butter process - the safe and efficient operation and monitoring of our butter filling machine and packager.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate the butter packaging, bulk filler, and re-melting equipment to package butter in proper containers.
- Hand pack 55lb cases of butter onto pallet.
- Palletize product in the proper configuration, shrink wrap and prepare butter for shipping and storage using case packer equipment.
- Perform daily assembly cleaning, swabbing and sanitizing of packager, printer and other areas as needed.
- Notify production operators of problems with packaging.
- Keep accurate and legible records including weights, start times, down times, pallets produced, etc.
- Maintain a clean working area and assist with general plant cleaning as needed.
- Adhere to all SOP’s and HACCP guidelines.
- Adhere to all UDA quality, safety, and GMP policies and procedures, reporting any nonconformity.
- Other duties as required.
Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of good manufacturing practices.
- Ability to operate equipment.
- Must be able to work 12 hour shifts.
- Requires ability to read, hear, speak, write, comprehend and carry out verbal and written instructions & Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Knowledge of packaging and food manufacturing process.
- High School Diploma or Educational Equivalent.
- Requires ability to walk and stand for 12 or more hours at a time.
- Requires ability to stoop, bend, reach, lift and carry items up to 55lbs for extended periods of time.
- Requires ability to safely operate equipment.
- Requires ability to visually observe the condition of surroundings.
- Requires ability to hear, speak and frequently hear and speak in a noisy environment.
- Requires ability to push and pull items frequently including items 55lbs.
- Requires ability to climb ladders and stairs of various heights including floors of 100ft or more.
- Requires ability to work in varying extreme hot, cold, and wet temperatures and conditions.
- Requires ability to work safely with hazardous chemicals.
Medical, Dental & Vision plans
401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match
Employee Assistance Program
Health & Wellness Programs
Paid Time Off
Shift Pay Differential
On-site Fitness Center
On-Site Health Clinic
The duties and responsibilities described are not a comprehensive list; employees may be subject to additional, or altered, tasks and the scope of the role may change as necessitated by business demands. UDA will not consider any application submissions from unauthorized third-parties, consulting, or external staffing firms and will not be held subject, or liable, to any terms, fees, or penalties associated with a submission.
UDA is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.