You would be responsible for recruiting, interviewing, and referring applicants for Home Health, Hospice and leadership positions throughout the company. Seeks out new and innovative recruitment methods to increase pool of candidates. Will have considerable skill in interviewing techniques, extensive knowledge of personnel policy and procedure and federal and state laws regarding employment practices. Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills while acting as a liaison between managers and Human Resources. Analyzes applicant information in order to determine suitability for employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The following statements describe the principal activities of this position identified and shall not be construed as a detailed exposition of all the duties that may be inherent in this position.
- Represents Integrity and the HR department in a professional and courteous manner at all times;
- Recruits, interviews, and refers candidates for Home Health, Hospice and Leadership in all locations company-wide;
- Maintains responsibility for attracting and hiring appropriate volume of qualified Home Health, Hospice and leadership employees, and consistently develops and carries out creative methods of recruitment and retention;
- Monitors and identifies staffing needs and institutes steps to fill immediate need cases through hiring of qualified staff;
- Conducts first interview and recommends candidates to hiring manager for second interview.
- Extends conditional offers of employment and ensures all offer paperwork is completed by the candidate;
- Maintains consistent open communication with Home Health and Hospice leaders and other hiring managers to keep them apprised of recruitment activities and new hires;
- Develops, implements and oversees annual recruiting plan in conjunction with Home Health and Hospice leaders and Regional Operation leaders;
- Complies with Compliance Plan;
- Complies with HIPAA Policies. Maintains confidentiality of information relating to the patient and family. Will discuss only those aspects necessary to the care and treatment of patient and family with those directly involved in the patient’s care;
- Mentors local recruiters on techniques for attracting and hiring for volume of home care, home health, hospice and designated leadership positions.
- Provides leadership for local recruiters and is directly involved with guiding their success to meet goals, by assisting them in formulating a plan to achieve long short-term goals.
- Responsibility for monitoring and maintaining team and individual metrics and KPI’s.
- Continues to support others and maintains quality metrics for assigned caseload.
- Assists in training and project needs.
- Responsible for reporting Recruitment Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Analytics to Corporate Recruitment Manager and striving to meet KPI goals each month;
- As business needs may change, may perform additional responsibilities assigned by supervisor that are reasonably related to the position.
Education and Experience Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent required;
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Requires five (5+) years of recruiting experiences in candidate attraction and selection methods or related experiences. Healthcare recruitment experience strongly preferred;
- Understanding of EEOC guidelines required;
- Understanding of Employment Laws on Federal/State level related to hiring and recruitment practices required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Requirements
- Must be able to effectively handle stressful situations and adapt quickly to abrupt changes;
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of client and employee records and information;
- Must be sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the public image;
- Must have excellent customer service and leadership skills;
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Must be a self-starter and take initiative;
- Must have strong time management skills;
- Must have critical thinking and analytical skills;
- Must be detailed, accurate and can multi-task;
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, applicable software systems and data entry/keyboarding;
- Consistently shows excellent judgement in extending offers for employment;
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to interact and communicate in a professional and tactful manner with clients, families, co-workers and field staff;
- Strong data entry skills and general office skills;
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize effectively;
- Ability to read, write, follow directions and perform duties assigned with minimum supervision;
- Ability to read, write, speak and understand English;
- Ability to proof and place employment ads in print and electronically;
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment;
- Ability to exercise good judgment in evaluating situations and making decisions;
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Constant manual dexterity and visual acuity sufficient to effectively use and interact with computer keyboard and terminal
- Extensive communication both oral and in writing
- Extensive phone use
- Extensive periods of working with computer terminals
- Frequent to constant sitting for extended periods
- Occasional lifting / carrying 20 pounds
- Occasional pushing / pulling in excess of 100 pounds
- Occasional standing / walking
- Occasional bending / stooping
- Occasional squatting / kneeling
- Occasional reaching above shoulder level / stretching
- Driving automotive equipment for business necessity
- Fast paced and occasionally stressful work environment with tight deadlines;
- Prudent and efficient use of routine office equipment;
- Exposure to mechanical and electrical office equipment;
- Complies with the agency dress code, projects a professional attitude toward self, patients, and other staff members, and follows department public relation policies regarding outside speaking and professional affiliations, clearing all such requests through the agency.
Conditions of Employment
- Successful candidate must have a satisfactory post-offer Medical Review;
- Must pass a pre-employment criminal background check;
- Must have proof of Auto Insurance (minimum required by law), valid driver’s license and reliable transportation;
- Candidate must meet the requirements of the full job description as stated throughout the duration of employment with Integrity.