The LPN is responsible for providing care and treatment for clients that are experiencing significant mental health/psychiatric symptoms, who are demonstrating significant functional impairments, and who may have co-occurring substance abuse and/or personality disorder on an Intensive Rehabilitation Treatments Team.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients.
- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form.
- Administer prescribed medications
- Administer shots as needed
- Observe patients, charting and reporting changes in patients' conditions, such as adverse reactions to medication or treatment, and taking any necessary action.
- Measure and record patients' vital signs, such as height, weight, temperature, blood pressure, pulse, and respiration
- Work as part of a healthcare team to assess patient needs, plan and modify care, and implement interventions.
- Evaluate nursing intervention outcomes, conferring with other healthcare team members as necessary
- Sterilize equipment and supplies
- Making Decisions and Solving Problems
- Make appointments, keep records, or other clerical duties
- Provide medical treatment or personal care to patients
- Inventory and requisition supplies and instruments.
- Conducts self in a professional and ethic manner in all work related functions
- Demonstrates productive individual and teamwork behaviors
- Prevents crisis at the lowest level of escalation
- Monitors and client general physical and mental health needs from a nursing perspective reporting directly to RN supervisor
- Adheres to Data Privacy Practices/HIPPA
- Writes progress notes, summaries, and discharges in EMR system
- Organizing, Planning, and Prioritizing Work
- Other task as needed.
- Valid Driving License
- Proof of Auto Insurance
- No major driving violations in the past 7 years.
- Clear Background Check
- Ability to work effectively as a multi-disciplinary team member
- The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
ResCare Minnesota's Mental Health Division has been providing psychiatric rehabilitation and person-centered care to adults whose lives are impacted by mental illness for over 30 years. The cornerstone of our work at ResCare Minnesota is the relationship with our person's served. Our agency is founded on the core principles and values of hope, partnership, choice and recovery. We value professional growth and development, with the benefit of providing an extensive training and supervision package, including supervision needed for licensure and certifications.
PTO and Holiday Time
Job Type: Full-time
- Practical Nursing License (Preferred)