High School Diploma or equivalent is required
A Patient Access Representative II will assist in the completion and coordination of front-end activities associated with pre-registration, registration and the financial clearance process in the Patient Access Department. Prioritizes and coordinates patient accounts from pre-registration through discharge to ensure that patient financial obligations are met. Accurately completes patient accounts based on departmental protocols, policies and procedures, and compliance with regulatory agencies. Ensures all insurance requirements are met prior to or on the date of service and informs patients of their financial liability. Ensures all uninsured or underinsured patients are referred to a financial counselor for the state medical assistance program as well as The CKHS Financial Assistance Program and Self Pay Discount Policy. When possible, arranges payment plan options with the patients.
Maintains excellent working relationships with all customers. Assists patients/guarantors/families with insurance questions in a professional manner. Escalates any unaddressed insurance benefit concerns to the managers. Maintains confidentiality of patient information, employee information, and other information covered by regulations or professional ethics.
The Patient Access Representative II will have earned the Certified Healthcare Access Associate Certification (or its equivalent) and will participate in the certification maintenance program at the required intervals. They will also demonstrate basic level Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel experience.
Education and Training:
Prefer prior experience in one or more of the following roles:
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel.
- Certified Healthcare Access Associate (CHAA or its equivalent), issued by the National Association of Healthcare Access Management, obtained within two years of employment.
- Associate Degree or 2 plus years of ongoing college coursework accepted in lieu of experience.
- Experience with Patient Access/Accounting – Billing/Collections/Customer Service
Requires a minimum of 2 years' experience in healthcare patient access, billing, collections, or customer service with a work record that demonstrates:
- Proven clear, effective written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrate problem solving skills.
- Skills in using computers and computer applications
- Detail orientation.
- Negotiating Skills
** 2 full time Patient Access Rep II positions available