The Authority is seeking a highly motivated Specialist, Document Management, DS-09.
The Specialist, Document Management is responsible for tracking, capturing, retrieving, filing, coordinating and delivering engineering documents for the Department of Engineering and Technical Services (“DETS”).
- Coordinate the activities of Document Management for DETS/DWS/DMS, including distribution and auditing controlled documents, maintenance of electronic department directories, tracking and reporting on document review progress.
- Assist with the implementation, management and administration of an electronic document management system.
- Implement and interpret document control procedures, processes and incorporate changes as needed.
- Process one or more document types through all procedural steps in accordance with well-defined procedures and guidelines. Ensure that pre-established document control requirements (e.g., which document numbering system will be used; how many and which signatures will be required for certain approvals, etc.) are satisfactorily met throughout the duration of the project/contract lifecycle.
- Receive, track, and monitor project documents using the DETS standard document management programs to register documents, maintain databases, and produce logs, transmittals, and other reports as required.
- Manage archival activities for controlled documents and files.
- Review and proofread documents for consistency of document format and system concerns.
- Use the DETS database to track and manage and control issued and received documents. Assign identification numbers, and various other document tracking numbers.
- Perform audits at the completion of project phases and processes to confirm compliance with DETS procedures.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by supervisor.
- High School diploma or General Educational Development (GED) certificate and five (5) years of progressive related document management experience in engineering and construction.
- In depth knowledge of computers and typical software applications such as Windows, Excel, and Word.
- Familiarity with engineering document management software such as (Oracle) Primavera Project (formerly Contract Manager and Expedition) and Live Link.
- Working knowledge of the various phases of engineering and construction as well as associated work products.
- Experience with all phases of engineering document control (planning, design and construction).
- Strong communication and organizational skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with others in a positive and collaborative manner.
- General Office Conditions.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.