Plans, directs, evaluates, and assumes responsibility for the activities of the University of Utah Manufacturing Extension Partnership (MEP) center. Included in these responsibilities are: client acquisition and management, revenue generation, fiscal accountability, staffing, human resource development, quality management, process improvement, and systems development.
1. Implements the MEP center mission and values.
2. Direct the development of MEP center goals through strategic planning, with oversight from the Board of Advisors.
3. Provides leadership and direction for all MEP center employees, sets employee targets for service outreach and service delivery, evaluate employee performance; oversees MEP center activities consistent with the overall objectives of the University and the sponsors.
4. Plans, directs, and coordinates the entire operation of MEP center facilities.
5. Directs the financial planning and preparation of budgets, and meets all reporting requirements of the University, in addition to federal and state sponsors.
6. Initiates, maintains, and cultivates partnerships between the MEP center and other entities within and outside the State of Utah.
7. Serves and participates on outside committees related to the mission of the MEP center.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Work Environment and Level of Frequency typically required
Nearly Continuously: Office environment.
Often: On-site client visits required.
Moderate domestic travel is required.
Physical Requirements and Level of Frequency that may be required
Nearly Continuously: Sitting, hearing, listening, talking.
Often: Repetitive hand motion (such as typing), walking.
Seldom: Bending, reaching overhead.
Master’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent; ten years of progressively more responsible experience in a in a high-tech manufacturing; demonstrated skills in leadership, management, financial planning, quality improvement and service delivery within assigned area; and demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills.
Master’s degree in Business Administration (MBA) and Six Sigma Black Belt with Bachelor’s degree in science and/or engineering; fifteen years of progressively more responsible experience in a high-tech manufacturing setting; demonstrated skills in leadership, management, sales, budgeting and financial planning, and quality improvement; demonstrated human relations and effective communication skills. Intricate knowledge of the Utah manufacturing industry, and experience working with small- and medium-sized businesses. Entrepreneurial mindset and go-getter mentality.
Type Benefited Staff Special Instructions Summary