The SOA Enterprise Architect role is an Enterprise Architect with a focus on application landscape management. This position is for an experienced IS professional, who will work as part of the Enterprise Architecture team. The team is responsible for full lifecycle delivery and support of integration solutions in a service oriented Enterprise Service Bus environment. The position requires an experienced Software engineer with a background in Service Oriented Architecture and Enterprise Service Bus concepts.
- Provides architecture and design direction to SOA developers to ensure high-quality solutions and consistent deliverables to support the enterprise service oriented architecture
- Develop and maintain Web Services design and framework code, DataPower design and framework code, and WSRR design and framework code
- Ensure defined architecture standards and guidelines are being followed and enforced throughout System Development lifecycle
- Participates in all design sessions and provides technical leadership (including technical decisions, technology recommendations, defining standards, leading POCs, and mentoring developers)
- Work with project sponsors during the project planning phase to understand the requirements in order to define an architecture design that meets the business and technical needs
- Define the strategy and overall vision for solutions. Provide complete architecture designs that consider cost, performance, scalability, reusability, and extensibility
- Document application requirements, technical specifications, use-cases, workflow processes
- Occasionally conduct research and Proofs of Concept on new technologies and applications
- Suggest and lead the definition and implementation of process improvements within the IT organization
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related fields preferred
- Experience in Automotive Finance is a plus along with a solid understanding of IT systems used in supporting the related business processes
- Previous Daimler Financial or Chrysler Financial experience a plus
- Prior consulting experience is highly preferred
- 2+ years of hand-on experience on provisioning and support on Kubernetes based Docker container environment on-premise or public cloud.
- Experience with build and deployment of container images, environment scaling, health monitoring.
- Experience with implementing tools for logging and monitoring with Docker containers.
- Experience with configuration management and infrastructure automation tools like Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Terraform, Vagrant, and CloudFormation.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with Springboot Java/JEE applications
- Experience with IAM tools including OpenID, OAuth, SAML etc.
- Experience working with application infrastructure components like web server, load balancers, message queue etc.
Deep knowledge of SOA principle, design patterns, application and integration architectures
- Experience with the following:
o Web Services (SOAP and RESTful)
o Java and J2EE Technologies (EJB, JMS, JDBC, SQL, XML, JSP, JMS, XML, XPath and XSLT) with Spring, Hibernate, Struts, Axis
o Skills/experience with Ant is desired.
o Conducting proof-of-concepts, developing prototyping and building reference models.
o Building, configuring and deploying services on containers such as WebLogic, JBOSS and Tomcat.
o Integration experience with any ESBs (such as TIBCO, IBM, Oracle) along with understanding of Mediation, and policy enforcement functions.
- Practical application debugging and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent understanding of business applications and their integration in the enterprise.
- Demonstrated expertise in a variety of the Enterprise Architecture concepts, practices, and procedures.
Job Type: Contract
- SOA principle, design patterns, application and integration: 3 years