The Mayor’s Office of Contract Services (MOCS) oversees and supports the procurement activities of City agencies, with a goal to ensure fairness, transparency, efficiency and cost effectiveness. The Director is the City Chief Procurement Officer. Annually, agencies procure billions in products and services from a diverse pool of vendors that represent various industries. MOCS partners with industry groups to implement policies and tools that streamline and modernize procurement, resulting in the delivery of quality services to New Yorkers. Team members operate in a fast-paced, collaborative, service-oriented environment, where flexibility and ability to achieve results are valued.
MOCS’ Finance Unit strives to improve the financial effectiveness and impact of the agency’s programs and administrative operations through information and analysis and technical assistance to Divisions throughout the agency.
MOCS’ Administration Division seeks to hire a Fiscal Analyst to report to the Assistant Director of Finance of the Finance Unit. The Fiscal Analyst is responsible for completing tasks as part of the day-to-day activities of the Finance Unit. This position will work at MOCS’ main office at 253 Broadway.
Functional Job Description:
- Reporting to the Assistant Director of Finance
- Some degree of independent judgment and decision-making.
- This position is expected to demonstrate independent initiative, judgement, and decision-making in its responsibilities, which include but are not limited to:
- Reviewing and submitting payment requests for vendor invoices and journal requests for payment adjustments in the City’s Financial Management System under the direction and approval of the Fiscal Manager.
- Reviewing and submitting budget modifications to reallocate resources to respective agency divisions and programs in the City’s Financial Management System under the direction and approval of the Budget Manager.
- Assisting with the completion of contract registration packages, including performing Vendor Responsibility Determinations in PASSPort, under the direction of the Procurement Manager.
- Assisting vendors with questions regarding the Payee Information Portal (PIP), PASSPort, Doing Business Accountability, and payment status.
- Assisting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports for Management as well as oversight agencies (e.g. year-end close reports, quarterly expense reporting).
- Work closely with members of the Finance Unit to ensure that all agency and division goals and policies are identified and met.
- Complete job responsibilities in a professional manner, resolving requests and helping all levels of agency staff.
- Special projects and other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. Graduation from an accredited college with a baccalaureate degree; or
2. Graduation from an accredited community college plus two years of experience with administrative, analytic, coordinative, supervisory or liaison responsibilities; or
3. A four year high school diploma or its educational equivalent plus four years of experience as described in "2" above; or
4. A satisfactory equivalent combination of education and experience.
Mayor’s Office of Contract Services is an equal opportunity employer.
Special accommodations provided for applicants with disabilities.
Mayor’s Office of Contract Services recognizes the unique skills and strengths gained through military service. Veterans and service members of the U.S. Armed Forces are strongly encouraged to apply.
STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS PROGRAM
The U.S. Department of Education provides student loan forgiveness through the Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLFP) to qualifying public service employees. As an employee of the City of New York, you may be eligible for loan forgiveness should you meet the program’s eligibility requirements. For additional information on the PSLFP, please visit https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/repay-loans/forgiveness-cancellation/public-service.
External Applicants, please go to www.nyc.gov/jobs and search for Job ID#: 423682
Current City Employees, please go to www.nyc.gov/ess and search for Job ID#: 423682
Applicants may apply for jobs via NYCAPS with Apple products if they use the appropriate browser, such as Firefox, Chrome and/or Safari.
No phone calls, faxes, or personal inquiries permitted.
Only those candidates under consideration will be contacted.
253 Broadway New York NY
New York City residency is generally required within 90 days of appointment. However, City Employees in certain titles who have worked for the City for 2 continuous years may also be eligible to reside in Nassau, Suffolk, Putnam, Westchester, Rockland, or Orange County. To determine if the residency requirement applies to you, please discuss with the agency representative at the time of interview.