The Senior Manager Merchandising Services Projects serves as single contact for Merchants for all assigned departmental projects (Tier 1 through Tier 3). Responsible for end-to-end management of all assigned core merchandising projects that require in store activity to ensure projects are on-time, in scope, and within budget.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITIES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
15%- Partner with Merchant group and other cross-functional partners to determine priorities and ensure alignment
20%-Lead project feasibility, scope, timing, and funding discussions with Merchants and cross-functional partners for each assigned merchandising department and recommend project prioritization.
15%-Perform end-to-end portfolio and project management, including scope, schedule, and budget control (i.e. dollars, hours, etc.).
15%-Maintains timeline, quality, and fiscal control of projects. Provides metrics, measurement, evaluation and reporting in support of Capital and non-Capital Projects.
20%-Coordinates, synchronizes and manages the contribution of a broad range of business groups as well as establish solid partnerships with Store Planning on all concepts, layouts and design initiatives to ensure successful operations.
15%-Develops and implements communication strategies specific and relevant to each cross-functional business group and project.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
Position reports to Director Merch Services Projects
No direct reports
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Located in a comfortable indoor area.
Typically requires overnight travel 5% to 20% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Years of Relevant Work Experience:
Most of the time is spent sitting or standing in the same location or there may be a need to stoop regularly or move/lift light material or equipment (typically less than 8 pounds). Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Retail / Store Merchandising experience PMP certification
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work.
- Builds Relationships: Ability to build and maintain strong partnerships with customers (merchants, suppliers, and cross-functional groups); establishes formal and informal networks to accomplish goals.
- Manages and Measures Work: effectively drives results of multiple financial metrics through project goal setting, measurement and follow-up.
- Problem Solving: analytical problem solving efforts, including logical, structured thinking, quickly able to consider new approaches that fit within general policies and short-term goals.
- Communications: Capable of simplifying and presenting complex information with ease, utilizing the correct communication vehicle. Prepares and delivers clear well organized presentations, polished delivery style, and high impact analysis and associated visual aids.