Regional Sales Manager
Solid State Devices, Inc. is a world leader in the design, manufacture of Mil-Aero semiconductors, assemblies, and modules. As a pioneer semiconductor manufacturer for over 50 years, we have earned and maintained a reputation for setting the highest standards of reliability and performance.
Position Summary and Responsibilities
Solid State Devices, Inc. is adding a Western Regional Sales Manager to the Sales and Marketing Department.
- Create and achieve the sales budget, i.e., bookings, and billings for a Western USA region that covers a large area from the Mississippi river to the Pacific
- Work with an internal and external team that includes Manufacturer representatives, targeting key customers, achieving design win quotes, participate in quarterly reviews with each Manufacturers' Representatives and travel into the territory 50%-75% of the time
- Direct the Field application team to demonstrate the Solid State Devices, Inc. relay solution to achieve design wins
- Update and report sales progress within a Customer relationship management (CRM) software
- Participate in new product definition and report market trends
- Prepare quarterly PowerPoint presentation demonstrating and tracking the regional performance. Ability to create short term and long term goals to support the changing market conditions pertaining to growth strategies and communicate to senior management if resources are required
- A Bachelor's degree in Electronic Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 10 years of Technical Field Sales Experience and 5 years of Sales Management experience working with Manufacturers' Representatives
- Sales experience must be primarily and predominantly in Electronic Components: Standard products and semicustom, selling into a wide range of markets and OEMs (Military, Hi-Rel Space, and Aerospace)
- Ability to understand the customer's technical inquires and respond back, independently or with the support of the FAE team
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, be self-disciplined, and plan well to meet the assignment due dates.
- Possess proven leadership skills and must exhibit decisive decision making abilities
- Candidate must be a US Person.
All Solid State Devices, Inc. employees must follow corporate guidelines pertaining to a strict code of conduct with regards to the engagement of independent representatives and compliance with export regulations.
Internal Shared Support team: Sales-Customer Services Individuals, Two Field Application Engineers, One Program Manager, and Hi-Rel Space Manager.
External Support Team: Six Manufacturer Representatives and three Authorized Distributors.
NOTE: Relocation is not offered for the position listed above.
This is a full-time opportunity with one of the world's most innovative leader in Solid State Relays and Power Controllers, located in La Mirada, California.
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $100,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Technical Field Sales: 10 years (Preferred)
- Sales Management: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off