We’re looking for an amazing Software Engineer to join Hopper’s new and quickly growing Ground Transportation team! Our team is building a new category of travel at Hopper so there’s a lot of opportunities to have an out-sized impact on the company!
As an iOS Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for building innovative consumer experiences, setting standards for code and performance. You will participate in the product design process and contribute ideas from a product-focused engineering perspective. You will collaborate with a diverse group of people (Engineers, Designers, Product) to ensure the success of our award-winning product.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Build innovative consumer experiences, setting standards for code and performance
- Create delightful user experiences in an app using Swift and Objective-C.
- Collaborate with a diverse group of people, giving and receiving feedback for growth
- Execute on big opportunities, helping Hopper rise to the top of the travel industry
- Implement product specification by programming the iOS application using Swift and Objective-C
- Participate in the product design process and contribute ideas from a product-focused engineering perspective
- Participate in the implementation of RemoteUI/BFF framework in the car rentals flow
- Thrived in mobile technologies and delivered delightful user experience at scale
- Strong experience working with Swift and Objective-C
- Experience working with Github to ensure the high standard of quality and code health, provide - feedback on improving the quality of code
- The ability to bring leading industry techniques and technologies to the table
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile - - Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
- A passionate focus on quality, writing testable code that performs well for our consumers
- Preferably experience or willingness to work in a fast growing startup environment.
More about Hopper
Hopper is valued at $3.5bn making us the 5th most valuable travel business in the world. We’re best known as a travel app and we just raised a further $175m from a funding round led by GPI Capital. Our investors also include Goldman Sachs and Capital One for whom we exclusively power their travel portal.
At Hopper, we’re on a mission to build the most customer-centric travel company on earth. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the world’s fastest-growing mobile first travel marketplace - one that enables our customers to save money and travel better. It’s cheaper to purchase travel with Hopper!
Hopper’s goal is to reduce traveler anxiety throughout all stages of the trip buying process. By creating a transparent travel marketplace and unique, data-driven financial technology products focused on providing peace-of-mind, Hopper adds value along each step of the customer’s journey.
Recognized as one of the world’s most innovative companies by Fast Company three years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 60 million times and sees over 1.9 million new installs per month. Our revenue growth is up 330% versus 2020 as we continue to outperform market recovery .
Now we're laying the groundwork for continued expansion in 2021 by adding great people to our team who can help us compete with the travel giants. Come take off with us!