Job Title : Mechanical Engineer I
Department : Mechanical/Piping
Reports To : Mechanical Engineering Leader
Education: Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering from an accredited university is required.
Registration: Engineer in Training (EIT) registration is strongly preferred and may be required.
Experience: This position requires up to 1 year of relevant industrial experience in mechanical engineering.
Generally responsible for performing routine designs of less complex engineering assignments using theoretical knowledge and practical design methods. This work will be performed under direct supervision.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Primary responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Familiarity and use of department design and drafting standards.
- Familiarity with project scope, specifications and design criteria upon assignment to a project task team.
- On-site assistance during startup.
- Developing conceptual layouts and cost studies as necessary to determine the simplest, most efficient approach to solving engineering tasks at hand.
- Producing estimate level preliminary designs and material take-offs suitable for the level of the estimate being performed on a project.
- Producing detail design calculations and sketches for materials of construction associated with the project. Calculations produced will be neatly prepared and organized for efficient checking by others and efficient use by drafters/designers for preparing drawings and as a deliverable when required.
- Assisting the drafting group in resolving routine layout and detailing problems.
- Consulting with design leaders from other disciplines to ensure the smooth flow of vital information necessary for the scheduled completion of the project.
- Reviewing and checking vendor drawings and other discipline drawings for mechanical input.
- Assisting in accomplishing engineering activities such as stress analysis, construction specifications, material procurement specifications and calculations.
- Assist with flexibility and stress analysis of piping systems.
- Assist in selecting piping specialty items.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of design standards and codes.
- Knowledge of specifications for piping materials.
- Knowledge of development of piping material and material procurement specifications.
- Knowledge of manual valve sizing, use and application.
- Knowledge of application of piping supports and restraints.
- Working knowledge of CAD software, either AutoCAD, Microstation or both.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Developing virtual team skills and cross divisional relationships, and supporting interoffice execution with direct supervision.
- Ability to sit, stand or walk for long periods of time.
Job Type: Full-time
- mechanical engineering: 1 year (Required)
- EPC/Heavy Industrial: 1 year (Preferred)
- Autocad: 1 year (Required)
- Johns Creek, GA (Preferred)