Service Position Summary
The AmeriCorps Family Resource Aide (FR Aide) is responsible for assisting the FRC Coordinator in coordinating all aspects of the Birth & Beyond Family Resource Center (FRC). The Birth & Beyond Program engages and supports families and children by incorporating home visitation and family resource centers as a strategy for service delivery. The AmeriCorps Family Resource Aide acts as a communication and trust bridge between the family, child protective services, social services and mental health systems. All duties will be performed within a strength-based, culturally responsive and trauma informed manner.
This is a one-year National Service position beginning on September 1, with the option to serve for up to 4 years. Members receive a bimonthly living allowance and an education award worth $5,920 upon completion of service. Eligible members receive healthcare and childcare assistance.
1. Orient parents to the FRC and enroll them in a parenting workshop and/or parent support services (i.e., stress reduction, crisis intervention services, car seat safety, infant safe sleeping, child development, life skills training, bullying prevention, teen support groups, etc.).
2. Administer assessments to parents including the AAPI which highlights areas needing support and progress.
3. Facilitate Nurturing Parenting Program (NPP) lessons.
4. Facilitate activities/workshops where parent/child interact and communicate with parent/child in a nurturing way to model appropriate/positive parent-child interactions.
5. Educate on child and adolescent development; including age appropriate social-emotional & cognitive development.
6. Provide resources/referrals to meet parent/family needs including but not limiting to: peer support, Alcohol & Other Drugs (AOD), clothes closet, utility assistance, school support services.
7. Facilitate Parent Advisory Councils; provide training on effective communication and navigating public or government systems to empower parents to advocate on their and their children’s behalf.
8. Attend community events, conduct community presentations, and establish formal/informal partnerships to educate others about Birth & Beyond services.
9. Perform case management and complete associated documentation.
10. Provide developmental child care for children whose parents attend parenting education workshops and utilize parent support services.
Must be at least 18 years of age.
Must be a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident.
Clearance of fingerprint background check.
Must possess a high school diploma or GED.
Must possess a valid California Driver’s license, reliable transportation and auto insurance.
Travel between sites and to offsite events.
Complete the Family Resource Aide application on the My AmeriCorps portal using the following link.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $1,664.00 /month