***This position is a Part Time and on-site role. Candidates must be able to work on-site at the Fairfield Medical Center****
The Patient Access Specialist is responsible for performing admitting duties for all patients admitted for services at the hospital. They are responsible for fulfilling these functions while meeting the mission and goals of the organization and all regulatory compliance requirements. The Representative will work within the policies and processes as they are being performed across the entire organization.
- Patient Access staff are responsible for assigning accurate MRNs, completing medical necessity/compliance checks, providing proper patient instructions, collecting insurance information, receiving and processing physician orders, and utilizing an overlay tool while providing excellent customer service as measured by Press Ganey. Operates the telephone switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing, and inter-office calls as applicable. They are to adhere to policies and provide excellent customer service in these interactions with the appropriate level of compassion. Patient Access staff will be held accountable for point of service goals as assigned.
- Patient Access staff are responsible for the pre-registration of patient accounts prior to patient visits. This may include inbound and outbound calling to obtain demographic, insurance, and other patient information including the patient financial liabilities including collecting point of service collections as well as past due balances including payment plan options.
- The Patient Access Staff explains general consent for treatment forms to the patient/guarantor/legal guardian and obtains necessary signatures and the witness's name. Explains and distributes patient education documents, such as Important Message from Medicare, Important Message from Tricare, Observation Forms, MOON form, Consent forms, and all forms implemented for future services.
- Reviews eligibility responses in the insurance verification system and appropriately selects the applicable insurance plan code, enters benefit data into the system to support POS (Point of Service Collections) and billing processes to assist with a clean claim rate.
- Responsible for accurately screening medical necessity using the Advance Beneficiary Notice (ABN) software to inform Medicare patients of possible non-payment of tests by Medicare and distribution of the ABN as appropriate. Responsible for distribution and documentation of other designated forms and pamphlets.
- Patient Access staff are responsible for the utilization of quality auditing and reporting systems to ensure accounts are corrected. These activities may include accounts for other employees, departments, and facilities. Conducts audits of accounts and assures that all forms are completed accurately, and on time to meet audit standards and provides statistical data to Patient Access leadership.
- High School Diploma/GED Required
- CRCR Required within 6 months of hire
Experience We Love:
- 1+ years of customer service experience
Job Type: Part-time
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lancaster, OH 43130: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
Work Location: In person