Service Provider (SP) is looking at SD-WAN as opportunity to deliver value added services, improve customer retention, and increase their revenue. Do you want to be part of a dynamic, self-starter, and talented group of Systems Engineers (SE)? This position presents unique opportunity to help our SP customers create new service offering with SD-WAN technology, transform their operation, and align themselves with the trend of more and more applications moving to the cloud. We learn something new every day and have lots of fun doing it.
You will be the primary contact for all things technical with our SP customers. You will work closely with SP product managers, business development, sales, and operation team to take them through their SD-WAN journey. You will eventually become trusted advisor of our SP customers and be their voice to VMware executives and business units to further improve our products to align with SP businesses.
You will lead the discussions to make SP customers understand the unique value of our SD-WAN solution, help them understand why NSX SD-WAN by VeloCloud is the market leader, and how to integrate and operationalize new services utilizing SD-WAN. You will collaborate between VMware and SP marketing to bring the new offer to market. In addition, you will interact with SP sales force to train them how to articulate the value, sell, design, run proof of concept, and ultimately win the end customer business. You will have the full support of our product team, the rest of the sales organization and executive, to win and further our business with the SP.
Focus and passion of our SE:
- Lead our SP customers through their SD-WAN technology adoption
- Articulate both business and technical benefits of our solution
- Enjoy presenting technical solutions, performing technical demonstration, explaining the use cases, and being the smart guy in the room
- Build SD-WAN integration plan by working with the SP architect and product manager
- Keep track of different activities and milestones within the SP and keep the broader team up to date to ensure on-time project delivery
- Identify new use cases and opportunity to expand the benefit of SD-WAN to SP offering
- Develop long-term relationship with SP customers and our internal teams
- Come up with creative ways to tackle customer problems, and bring the feedback to product team to continue improving our product
- Get to play with cool and cutting edge technologies every day
- Hustle and make things happen for VMware and our customers
- Craft realistic account plans and meet project criteria
- Present VMware vision, strategy and product roadmaps to executives and technical management
- Be resourceful and up to date on the market and competitive landscape so we can help our customers make the right decision
- Coordinate the response to the customer RFI, RFP, and sales proposal
- Conduct POCs, lab and field trials, certifications, and beta program
- Represent VMware at SP roadshow and tradeshow, customer and partner training
- Frequent travel to be on site at customer locations in Middletown, NJ
- Network Industry Certification preferred such as CCIE is preferred. BGP and OSPF routing knowledge and experience are a requirement.
- Experience working with Service Provider as a customer
- 7+ years of experience with data centers, networking, WAN technologies, and Cloud services
- 3+ years of experiences in customer facing roles, such as Sales Engineer, Technical Marketing Engineer, Consulting Engineer, or Solution Architect
- Hands on experience with different products and technologies commonly seen in Enterprise network, including but not limited to routers, switches, firewall, hypervisors, Windows, Linux, etc.
- Experiences or willingness to pick up technologies such as Python, Ansible, OpenStack, and KVM
- Exceptional communication and listening skills, ability to build rapport and credibility and clearly articulate a value proposition.
- Ability to effectively and energetically present technology and business propositions to customers, peers, and management.
- Analytical abilities, coupled with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Experience in a high-volume or critical production service environment.
- Ability to understand and explain many different technologies and to communicate technical concepts in non-technical terms.
- Expect 50% travel requirements
- BS Computer Science or higher required
The Systems Engineer engages a multi-functional team daily which may include account executives, technical specialists and product managers within VMware, as well as appropriate people from the customer. These include, but are not limited to, Executives, Technology buyers, Technology or Business Consultants, Architects, Engineers, Administrators and any other departmental liaisons.
VMware, is an EPIC2 community and was recently listed as #42 on Fortune’s 100 Best Review. We enjoy helping our people grow professionally as well as in our community. Our passionate and enthusiastic employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights and influence within the business landscape and beyond.