The Drug Development Project Manager acts as a central contact for information on a particular program and manages activities to develop programs. Ensures that concurrence between the team and management is achieved for program objectives and meets these objectives to achieve goals. Works with management staff and teams to create the development strategy, establish objectives, and monitor team progress. Makes recommendations regarding project objectives, resource requirements, and scientific direction to team and senior management.
- Provides professional program management for 2 or more complex development programs.
- Organizes, manages and supports cross-functional compound-level project teams (including day-to-day team management and stakeholder interactions) toward implementation of the strategic and operational plans and tracks progress to goals.
- Develops and supports the maintenance of drug development plans (including timelines, milestones, deliverables, budgets, etc.) to ensure on-time delivery of the plan.
- Is responsible for maintenance of the project actions, risks, decisions, and issues. Maintains or oversees management of project schedules using Microsoft Project.
- Facilitates the review of development projects with Senior Management, makes recommendations for action and ensures appropriate follow-up by management to achieve approved objectives.
- Manages project information for assigned projects and is responsible for developing and maintaining good relationships with other functions.
- Is responsible for ensuring smooth transitions between action points.
- Supports quarterly forecasts, manages scopes, timeline and financial changes through tracking variances at the program level.
- Works with relevant areas/teams to lead the development of strategy and project plan (inclusive of timelines, milestones, interdependencies, issues, risks and actions).
- Manages and tracks program progress as assigned on a continual basis, identifying and tracking both cross-project and cross-functional issues, scope issues at the project and program level, timeline issues, and budget issues. Works proactively with manager and the project team to achieve timely resolution of these issues in order to achieve approved program objectives.
- Is responsible for ensuring timely, accurate and comprehensive project and program information is available to senior management and the wider organization.
Education and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or relevant field
- MBA desirable
- PMP certification desirable
- At least 5 years of pharma experience
- At least 2 years of project management experience
- Experience and sound working knowledge of the drug development process
- Awareness and familiarity regarding the execution of clinical trials, especially Phases II/III
- Experience and knowledge to assist teams to prepare for regulatory interactions, submission experience preferred but not required
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Project
At PHARMICA Consulting our main objective is to build trust with our clients. To accomplish this task we only hire consultants who not only deliver quality work with exceptional service but who also build deep long lasting relationships with our clients and employees. PHARMICA is seeking consultants who:
- Are both collaborative and diplomatic—who can seamlessly integrate with our client’s R&D team while still bringing about real change
- Are focused on operational excellence for R&D in life sciences—and who have produced results for other organizations
- Invest the time needed to truly understand our client’s specific challenges—and tailor solutions to help create a more profitable business environment
- Are individuals our clients can trust to build effective strategies—and deliver against those strategies as promised
- Deliver high-quality work but are low maintenance—producing excellent results with minimal or no supervision.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Program Management: 2 years
- pharmaceutical: 5 years