The Supply Chain Manager will use end-to-end supply chain expertise & leadership to develop, deliver and support effective supply chain standards including decision making tools, reporting systems, business analytics & master data governance, supply chain organization and talent development standards. Provide standards & capabilities across the entire value chain with scope including but not limited to Integrated planning, portfolio management, customer care, physical distribution, manufacturing, quality & regulatory, engineering, supply chain human resources, organization and information systems.
- Focus on safety, cost management, and business growth.
- Implement, oversee and manage an integrated global supply chain and logistics system to seamlessly allow rapid response to critical requirements as well as the capacity to rapidly scale up quantity and quick-turn of supply.
- Oversee and manage the overall supply chain and logistics operations (supplier to customer) to enable sustainable competitive advantage.
- Customer Satisfaction, Demand Management and Supply Chain Performance
- Lead and participate in S&OP meetings and process.
- Achieve Operational Excellence: Monitor and report on Dexter supply chain performance including quality, delivery, and cost metrics. Manage and monitor suppliers’ qualification and performance to ensure compliance to Dexter’s requirements. Ensure suppliers meet Dexter global sustainability goals. Anticipate and develop policies to manage risks and crises. Develop and maintain material costs forecasts based on demand forecast. Develop and maintains inventory plan to optimize inventory in order to meet customer requirements; develop strategies to increase inventory turns, reduce costs while optimizing customer service. Manage inventory levels and contribute to product portfolio decisions.
- Manage communications and negotiations (e.g. price, terms and delivery) with external suppliers.
- Identify and introduce best practices in supply chain management within the organization.
- Create and implement supply chain management strategies that will improve efficiencies in supplier and product qualification.
- Participate in internal processes related to engineering changes, new product qualification and launches to ensure timely transitions in material and production flow.
- Bachelor’s degree in a business administration (Supply Chain Management, Logistics, Operations Research, or Economics). MBA is preferred.
- 10+ years of progressive work experience in Supply Chain with a history of demonstrated business success.
- 5+ years of operational business unit experience in Supply Chain & Logistics (Demand or Supply Planning).
- APICS certification preferred.
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt preferred.
- Lean certification preferred.
Operating and Organizational Skills:
- Business Acumen
- Demonstrated high quality of decision making
- Strong problem solver with the ability to "learn on the fly"
- Clearly demonstrated ability to deal with ambiguity
- Creative and innovative
Personal and Interpersonal Skills:
- Strong at setting priorities and making timely decisions
- Strong time management and organizational skill set
- Has demonstrated the ability to size up people and successfully hires and recruits the best talent
- Action oriented with the ability to stand alone and yet operate successfully in a matrix organizational structure
- Demonstrated capability in change management and realigning of site culture as appropriate
- High approachability factor, strong builder of effective teams, and a strong motivator of others
- Open and receptive to discourse which occurs in a matrix environment
- Strong believer in personal learning and self development and has a strong sense of "self knowledge"