Job Announcement: Assistant Director of Facilities and Maintenance
Buncombe StreetUnited Methodist Church is located in Greenville, SC. We have a Downtown Campusand a Trinity Campus. Since ourbeginnings in 1834, we have remained committed to scriptural holiness. Throughan offering of wonderful programs of mission and outreach we work to spread theGood News of Jesus Christ.
The Assistant Director of Facilities and Maintenance isresponsible for planning, implementing, and evaluating maintenance of allchurch facilities and grounds.
Position Responsibilities – Essential
· Assist the Director of Facilities andMaintenance in the management of maintenance and housekeeping personnel.
· Train all maintenance and housekeeping personnelin the performance of their duties.
· Post work and setup orders on a daily basis.
· Work directly with the Property Committee to setand carry out short- and long-term goals.
· Generate an annual budget for the facilitiesarea and monitor the budget throughout the year. Ensure facilities area stayson budget during the year.
· Create and implement a preventive maintenancesystem. Ensure preventive maintenance is up to date.
· Coordinate all outside subcontractors, includingpublic utilities.
· Develop and maintain a list of qualifiedsubcontractors.
· Prepare documentation necessary to receivecompetitive bids on various contracts required by the church for safety,environmental, fire, and security.
· Verify that all projects are completed in atimely and efficient manner based on the contract deadline.
· Possess a full working knowledge of HVAC systems,equipment and controls; change air filters, maintain room air handlers, and insureproper and most efficient operation of the system.
· Perform basic Energy Management of then facilitiesby tracking and trending energy consumption. Adjust HVAC and other systems accordingly to maintain a comfortable andenergy efficient environment.
· Coordinate, take down, and set up requirementsfor church functions in the most efficient manner.
· Perform general maintenance duties as needed.
· Research ways to reduce costs, while making thechurch more energy efficient and environmentally friendly.
· Maintain grounds of the church.
· Maintain Church buses, including the use of anauto shop when needed.
Position Responsibilities – Non-Essential/Other
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· The compensation range for this fulltimeposition is $20.00 - $25.00 per hour and will depend upon experience,educational background, and qualifications.
Essential Skills and Experience
· High School diploma or equivalent isessential. Two-year Technical Degree ispreferred.
· Be able to read and understand blueprints.
· Five years’ works experience in a maintenancesupervisor/management position which required complete facility control.
· Previous experience with hiring subcontractorsthrough a bid process.
· Ability to use judgment and discretion withconfidential information.
· Ability to effectively supervise and motivate a verydiverse staff.
· Ability to track, measure, and hold employeesaccountable for annual performance goals.
· Ability to provide constructive feedback toenhance employee’s performance.
· Strong knowledge and use of Microsoft Officesuite.
· Strong knowledge and use of HVAC Controls computerinterface (HMI).
· Exceptional communication skills, both oral andwritten.
· Professional demeanor, team oriented, positiveand engaging attitude.
· Highly self-motivated and self-directed with strongproblem solving skills.
· Strong organizational skills (record keeping,time management, follow up, etc.)
· Excellent attention to detail and sense ofurgency, with an emphasis on quality and accuracy of work.
· Strong interpersonal and customer service skillsrequired.
· Ability to effectively and efficiently multi-task,prioritize, and deal with interruptions while meeting timely deadlines.
· Experience working in a team-oriented,collaborative environment.
· Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficultsituations.
· Strong ethical standards; ability to create trustand integrity with co-workers and community.
· Personal attributes that include reliability,professionalism, ability to work independently, positive attitude, and abilityto remain calm in stressful situation.
· Regular and sustained attendance.
· Ability to properly use safety equipment.
· Ability to work in a constantly changingenvironment (inside/outside, small spaces, etc.).
Beneficial Skills and Experience
· SomeTechnical training in maintenance preferred.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $20.00 to $25.00 /hour