Cashroom Clerk I
Oakland International Airport
Pay $15 per hour
Part Time Saturday and Sunday Temporary Position
The Cashroom Clerk I is a junior level cashroom clerk responsible for performing a variety of clerical accounting functions, such as compiling and sorting operating cash, calculating and verifying cash amounts, and processing bank deposits and withdrawals, as well as performing all other responsibilities as directed by the business or assigned by Management. This is a non-exempt position and typically reports to the Controller, Assistant Controller or the General Manager, depending on local requirements.
- Prepares and collects cashier and manager change banks; orders, maintains and distributes change according to branch needs
- Witnesses and records cash amounts turned in by associates who have responsibility for cash handling; verifies these amounts via manual or mechanical counting
- Prepares bank deposits and submits bank withdrawal requests in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Completes applicable documentation accurately and according to corporate policies and procedures, as well as reviews documentation completed by others to ensure proper completion and accuracy
- Communicates all questionable transactions and/or documentation to the Controller and/or General Manager Minimum Qualifications:
- Requires a High School diploma or general education development (GED) diploma
- Requires a minimum of 1 year cash handling experience;basic math skills and clerical accounting experience preferred
- Demonstrates the ability to interact with the public and coworkers in a friendly, enthusiastic and outgoing manner
- Requires the ability to speak, read and comprehend instructions, short correspondence and policy documents, as well as converse comfortably with customers
- Requires basic keyboarding or other repetitive motions.
- Must be able to work weekends.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY!
When travelers make their way through over 200+ airports, motorways, malls and specialty destinations across the U.S. and Canada, HMSHost Associates are waiting with a warm welcome. A subsidiary of Autogrill S.p.A, the world's largest provider of food and beverage to the traveling public, HMSHost offers a world of opportunities that help our Associates develop rewarding and satisfying careers. Are you ready to join a world leader? Come discover who we are, what we're doing and where we're going. Then come along with us.
- We've been making travelers (and our Associates!) smile for over 100 years.
- We're the largest Global Franchise with 37,000 Associates and annual sales in excess of $2.8 Billion, operating in more than 100 airports around the globe including 44 of the 50 busiest airports in North America.
- Autogrill S.p.A offers career opportunities in 31 countries and employs over 57,000 people.
- We're where "Green" starts. Check out our sustainability initiative: www.hmshost.com/about-us/sustainability/
- Between financial contributions and job creation, HMSHost is proud to help support such worthwhile organizations as Feeding America, the Children's Miracle Network, the USO, and many more.
- We are honored to be recognized by our peers as an industry leader: www.hmshost.com/newsroom/industry-awards/
Feeling Good on the Move.
EOE | Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity | DFWP
Background checks will be required prior to beginning employment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour