The production supervisor position is responsible for supervising employees in a manufacturing environment. This position is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating the production process from raw material input to final product packaging on a manufacturing shift. Recommendations on improvements in production methods, equipment, operating procedures and working conditions are essential to the job.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The production supervisor position requires the incumbent to spend a significant amount of time monitoring, being the expert, managing production, and managing people and relationships:
- Ensures safety
- Ensures product quality
- Evaluates and improves work processes Being the expert
- Masters and maintains specialized tools required for the job
- Troubleshoots and resolves machine and work environment issues
- Manage production
- Receives direction and orders from management or customers
- Prepares detailed work assignments
- Manages production levels to meet goals
Manage people and relationships
- Demonstrates good communication skills and team development
- Provides feedback, coaching and training to those they supervise
- Provides timely management reporting
- Builds rapport and relationships across cross-functional teams
- This position is a Supervisor role. The position requires the incumbent to promote safe and efficient operations and establish a positive work environment with people working together. The incumbent must effectively shift from primarily completing tasks to primarily accomplishing tasks through others. He/she must value managerial work; demonstrates ability to provide effective feedback, coaching and motivation; including difficult messages.
Education and Work Experience
· 4 year degree in a related, business or technical field such as food science, operations management, or engineering
· 2-5 years of experience in a production management or supervision role, preferably in the food processing industry
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Exemplary knowledge of lean manufacturing
· Exemplary knowledge of inputs, outputs, raw materials, waste, quality control, costs, and techniques for maximizing the manufacture and distribution of goods
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
· Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise with alignment between manufacturing, quality, production planning, maintenance planning, and people planning.
· Ability to manage hourly production team members in executing complex, operational programs
· Ability to work a varied schedule
Production Supervisor – Newport, AR
- 5-Star candidates with a continuous improvement mindset.
- Someone with change management skills.
- Good communicator with the team- does not just sit in their office.
- Does not want someone who is a career supervisor
- You will be working a 3-2-2 Split Shifts
- Shift hours 7:00 AM– 7:00 PM or 7:00 PM - 0700 AM Shifts
- Must have at least 2 years of leadership experience
- Can coach, motivate and develop people
- Food experience is a huge plus – a Bachelor’ Degree is required if they don’t have food.
- Has to be able to articulate their experience. Needs to be able to say “I” did, not “we” did.
Job Type: Full-time
- Production Supervisor: 3 years
- * Change Management Skills.: 2 years
- Food Industry, Automotive or Manufacturing: 3 years
- Leadership/ Coaching: 3 years
Required work authorization: