Manager, Email Marketing Operations
We're looking for…
A seasoned marketer who revels in knowing how to milk every drop of functionality out of powerful email automation tools like Salesforce Marketing Cloud and who loves developing a team's skills and expertise. You will play a major role in evolving Marketing Cloud for Rue Gilt Groupe, the premier online off-price fashion retailer with over 20 million customers worldwide.
This role is the perfect blend of operations, technological skills, consumer marketing and people management. While the focus is on developing the team's potential while improving efficiency and accuracy, you will also collaborate with the rest of the Marketing department, Merchandising, Creative and Technology teams to drive business outcomes.
Our team is extremely supportive and collaborative, innovative and fast-paced; and the ideal candidate will be able to learn, laugh, and keep up with our exciting madness.
- Manage and develop a team of associates to deliver flawless execution of our member communications and expand the team's skills and expertise.
- Improve team operational processes and tools to drive efficiency and accuracy of team output.
- Develop world-class programs by collaborating with business partners, team members and analysts to design, execute and evaluate programs and campaigns across communications platforms.
- Identify and execute against opportunities for improved Communications processes to streamline activities in support of much greater communication flexibility, agility and accuracy.
- Empower team to drive continuous improvement and deliver flawless execution.
- Uncover meaningful insights from member communications and other business data and recommend course changes and new ideas that improve business performance.
- Enact a rigorous test-and-learn environment for informing communication decisions and evaluating their impact on sales.
- Collaborate with manager to define new marketing approaches that integrate email, app push notifications, onsite messaging and other new communications channels, including supporting innovation into new direct-to-member channels.
- Ensure direct marketing best practices are maintained within and across channels and tactics.
- Bachelor's degree is required; MBA a plus
- 7+ years of direct experience in direct marketing / CRM specifically in an online/e-commerce setting
- Experience in email marketing is a must – experience with Exact Target (Sales Force Marketing Cloud) is hugely valuable
- Experience directly managing mid-sized teams (i.e. 3+ staff), propelling their continuous development
- In-depth understanding of key marketing metrics, ability to recognize how they might impact the business and prior experience having improved customer engagement
- Experience developing growth strategies through direct marketing initiatives, with an ongoing style of out-of-the-box thinking
- Strong ability to influence peers and senior-level business partners to drive change and innovation through the organization
- Tech savvy and comfortable telling compelling stories using Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities and to deliver results in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fun, energetic and collaborative personality with self-starter approach to work
Rue Gilt Groupe combines world-class merchandising, technology and marketing to create the most engaging and satisfying online shopping experience available. Each day, 20+ million loyal Members turn to Rue La La for everything from women, men and children's apparel and accessories to home décor and exclusive experiences. Our approach to retail brings excitement to online shopping in a way that not only strategically supports our brand partners, but also inspires our Members daily.
This Company is an equal opportunity employer, and selects individuals best matched for the job based upon job-related qualifications regardless of race, religion, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, gender identity, genetic information, disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status or any other status or characteristic protected by law.