The Permian Public & Government Affairs Advisor serves as ExxonMobil’s point of contact with XTO Operations in the Permian and Delaware Basins as well as with state and local elected and appointed officials, as well as numerous third party organizations in New Mexico and West Texas. The advisor’s primary responsibility is to provide support to XTO operations as an active participant on the operations team with XTO, a subsidiary of ExxonMobil, in the region as well as a participant in ExxonMobil’s issues management process, working with a broader team to achieve beneficial outcomes as expressed by the business lines and management. The advisor is also responsible for monitoring, managing, and developing outreach strategies to help advance XTO and ExxonMobil’s business objectives in New Mexico and West Texas. This position is located in: Midland, Texas
Job Role Responsibilities
- Provide operations support, including emergency response and community relations, to XTO operations in the Permian and Delaware Basins in West Texas and New Mexico.
- Coordinate development of company positions and advocacy strategies on state government issues (primarily legislative and executive branches) that affect ExxonMobil and XTO in New Mexico.
- Develop political and reputation analysis to support execution of business objectives.
- Build relationships with organizations, individuals and regulatory agencies that have influence on government affairs issues.
- Manage community contributions and social responsibility programs.
Primary Job Functions
- Manage community programs and contributions budget and provide strategy for brand development in the region.
- Build relationships with industry and trade associations.
- Advance community relationships with key external stakeholders throughout our operational footprint and educate external stakeholders on our business.
- Adhere to approved company messages on key issues.
- Serve as a key support for operations in emergency response incidents.
Expected Level of Proficiency
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum of five years advocacy or industry experience
- Varied public policy experience that may include a government setting, large international corporation, trade or business organization, or think tank. Experience in energy and/or environmental policymaking and advocacy preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with an ability to understand and communicate complex issues.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities and stakeholders.
- Travel (within the U.S.) ~25%
- Strong understanding of the U.S. political system and ability to work with members of all political parties.
- Strong public affairs experience with expertise in issue advocacy and public policy campaigns
- Solid understanding of industry issues, public policy development, legislative and/or regulatory processes, and strategies for leveraging influence
- Experience working legislators and other elected/appointed officials
- Experience in project management and strategy development
XTO Energy/ExxonMobil is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
EEO is the Law Poster
Policies against discrimination and harassment
Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision
Nearest Major Market:
Project Manager, Technology