The position is responsible for the enjoyable use and guest satisfaction of Foundation restaurants by members and their guests. The position works with Food and Beverage managers on daily supervision of front of the house staff. Emphasis is on providing highest levels of services, which meet the needs of the Foundation members and their guests. These responsibilities are carried out consistently with the mission and the goals of the Foundation and Food and Beverage Department. This position reports to the Restaurant Manager.
Regular: Seasonal - Full time
Overtime status: Non-Exempt
Schedule: Varies, including nights, weekends and holidays
Benefits: Eligibility is in accordance with the Foundation policies
Description of Duties Performed:
- Assures guests are satisfied that service is prompt, responsive, courteous and meets the requests of members and their guests. Responds to dissatisfied members and guests and take recovery action.
- Maintains the organization of front of the house service areas. Assures server area and store rooms are clean, organized and are stocked with necessary supplies and materials.
- Knowledge of the operation of point of sale computer system as it relates to server use. Assure that servers are entering proper and accurate data.
- Ensure all employees adhere to and follows all policies and procedures as stated in the employee handbook and food and beverage training manual
- Performs daily training of all food and beverage staff.
- Knowledge and functions of POS systems of cash handling.
- Is familiar with Foundation policies relating to facilities and membership.
- Is a hands-on manager, performing front of the house duties as needed.
- Creates daily floor charts for AM and PM staff.
- Responsible for getting bank from the safe and making sure that it is accurate.
- Responsible for getting change for bank if necessary.
- Is responsible for maintaining safe reconciliation and assuring proper cash handling and tip procedures are followed.
- Responsible for checking the side work, signing their cash outs.
- Assists in the seating of members and their guests if the host/hostess is busy. Take the time in talking with the members and their guests to assure that all restaurant services are as expected.
- Check all tables to make sure table set-ups are correct. Check inside and outside station for cleanliness.
- Must be able to train, maintain and exceed standard of service for daily operations.
- Supervises FOH staff members and keeps a management log to report daily to Restaurant Manager.
- Is required to attend mandatory Pelican Bay Foundation meetings and report back to the Restaurant Manager as necessary.
- Maintains regular communication with Back of House staff.
- Assures that proper sanitation and safety codes are being followed in accordance with Pelican Bay Foundation policies and Safe Staff Food Handler certificate program.
- Ensures that staff is in attendance to all meetings required by Pelican Bay Foundation.
- Maintains a positive work environment.
- Follows proper income audit close out procedures.
- Handles member comments and concerns in the absence of the Restaurant Manager. Performs other duties, including training log and pyramids.
- Knowledge of wine, liquor, beer and no-alcohol beverage service.
- Must conduct daily pre-shift meetings and ensure that regular communications occurs with BOH.
- Assures service is only provided to members and their guests as verified by production of Foundation identification card.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Restaurant Manager.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Two to five years of combined or separate experience in the hospitality industry managing personnel with a 2-year degree preferred in related fields or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of administrative experience in scheduling.
- Knowledge of point of sale computer systems, Microsoft Office.
- Adhere to Handbook policies and procedures and company regulations as applicable.
- Must be certified in SafeServ & TIPS training, along with CPR, 1st Aid & AED.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Successful completion of the Foundation’s drug test and background review.
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $19.00 to $20.00 /hour
- restaurant managerial: 2 years (Required)