The incumbent of this position is responsible for providing nursing services to patients in behavioral health and/or substance abuse rehabilitation to maintain a safe, therapeutic environment.
Essential Job Functions:
- 12-hour shifts, flexible schedule, $1000 hiring bonus
Qualifications:Experience and Education Qualifications:
- Evaluation of the client’s physical condition and the need for detoxification services
- Recording initial patient medical histories and vital signs
- Monitoring health status during social setting detoxification
- Complete disease prevention, risk reduction and reproductive health education.
- Arranging medical appointments dealing with medical conditions that occur during treatment and managing medical emergencies, such as accidental injuries and drug reactions.
- Conferring with a physician as necessary or advocating for medical services through managed care organizations.
- Arranging or monitoring special dietary needs for medical conditions.
- Reviewing medication requirements with clients, educating the client and guardian (if necessary) about the benefits of taking prescribed medications as prescribed. Monitoring medication compliance in regard to State Regulatory standards.
- Consulting with the physician or pharmacy to confirm medications prescribed.
- Oversee therapeutic injection of medication (subcutaneous or intramuscular).
- Monitoring lab levels including consultation with physicians, clients, and clinical staff.
- Coordination of medication needs with pharmacies, clients, and families, including the use of indigent drug programs.
- Monitoring medication side-effects including the use of standardized evaluations.
- Monitoring physician orders for treatment modifications requiring patient education.
- Demonstrates interest in long term and short term goals and objectives of the company.
- Other duties as assigned by Clinical Supervisor, Program Director, Vice President, or Executive Team members.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Current Nurse licensed in the state of Missouri