J.P. Morgan Asset & Wealth Management, with client assets of $2.4 trillion, is a global leader in investment and wealth management. Its clients include institutions, high-net-worth individuals and retail investors in every major market throughout the world. The division offers investment management across all major asset classes including equities, fixed income, alternatives, multi-asset and money market funds. For individual investors, the business also provides retirement products and services, brokerage and banking services including trusts and estates, loans, mortgages and deposits.
J.P. Morgan Private Bank has more than 160 years of experience helping Latin America’s wealthiest individuals, families, foundations and endowments grow, manage and sustain their wealth. We serve clients from more than 20 countries in Latin America and the Caribbean with offices across Latin America, in the United States and in Switzerland, with a total of over 600 employees.
Wealth Management (WM) is part of the Asset & Wealth Management business segment. It has offered for over 160 years customized solutions and client service of the highest quality to solve the complex needs of wealthy individuals and their families around the world. With assets under management of $1.25 trillion, it is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
Introduction to Role
The global focus on Anti Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Client (KYC) is increasing and leading to new roles and opportunities within J.P.Morgan. WM is establishing a market-leading function to help manage the regulatory risks involved in Onboarding clients with special attention to meeting the regulatory AML and KYC requirements. This is a great opportunity for the right individuals to work in a fast paced dynamic team and to help identify and establish best practices within J.P.Morgan and the industry.
The primary purpose of this role is to provide protection to the business by ensuring adherence to the firm’s Anti Money Laundering and KYC policies. The role involves ongoing management and maintenance of various processes, projects, and reporting required for day to day business activities and senior management. This role requires excellent communication, interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
- Performing quality review of new and existing KYC profiles for Latam Private Bank clients
- Act as partner to the Banker teams to assist with the KYC renewals process for existing clients
- Maintaining a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail while meeting team productivity goals
- Participate in project meetings and develop relationships with various teams within the Private Bank
- Engaging in discussions with Risk, Anti Money Laundering, Onboarding Officers and Compliance partners, and documenting changes to workflow processes
- Identify areas of risk that need improvement, and resolve using available tools (Excel, SharePoint, etc.)
- Working with business, Risk, Anti Money Laundering, and Compliance teams to complete agreed upon business initiatives
- Respond to daily inquiries and assist with escalation/resolution
- Assist with developing new processes and training materials (if necessary)
- Bachelors degree required; Major in Finance/Accounting preferred; 3-5 years’ experience in financial services focus on Latin America preferred
- Portuguese fluency. Spanish is a plus.
- Knowledge of Anti Money Laundering (various account inflows and outflows) is strongly preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Project skills
- Must be highly disciplined, a self-starter, and have the ability to execute on assignments independently
- Team player and demonstrated work ethic
- Ability to multi-task and strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to communicate with all levels within the Line of Business
- Series 99 required (Must be obtained within 120 days of hire)